Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Metagoofil Problem

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Metagoofil Problem

    Hi,

    i'm runnig into a Problem with metagoofil. The program runs fine, but it doesn't find any results at all.
    Code:
    root@bt:/pentest/enumeration/google/metagoofil# ./metagoofil.py -d microsoft.com -f all -l 100 -o test.html -t testoutput
    
    *************************************
    *MetaGooFil Ver. 1.4a               *
    *Coded by Christian Martorella      *
    *Edge-Security Research             *
    *cmartorella@edge-security.com      *
    *************************************
    
    
    [+] Command extract found, proceeding with leeching
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: pdf
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: doc
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: xls
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: ppt
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: sdw
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: mdb
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: sdc
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: odp
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    [+] Searching in microsoft.com for: ods
    [+] Total results in google: 0
    
    
    Usernames found:
    ================
    
    
    Paths found:
    ============
    [+] Process finished


    Internet Connectiosn works fine. Google works fine and returns results while using a manual approach
    Code:
    site:microsoft.com filetype:pdf
    Results 45.000 ...

    Other automated enumertion tools like theHarvester or Goolag seem to work fine.
    Tested on two machines.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sopho; 06-19-2010 at 06:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Metagoofil Problem

    I'm having the exact same problem. It used to work for me up until about 3 months ago but then it just stopped giving results. I've searched every where and cannot find a solution that works for me. I know it's not a matter of my IP being blocked by Google because I've tried it from different IP addresses.

    If anyone has any suggestions, I (and the OP I'm sure) would appreciate the help.

    Thanks
    nexus

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Metagoofil Problem

    Having same issue here. I read around and found an old post that said it broke because way google is serving up files but that is pretty old and sure I have used it since then.

    what I have done so far:
    replaced metagoofil with new version
    replaced exctract

    no resolve yet will keep working on it.

Similar Threads

  1. ./metagoofil.py
    By x7uk in forum BT Videos - ES
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
  2. Metagoofil
    By josbcn in forum OLD BackTrack 4 Bugs and Fixes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. [FIX] Metagoofil
    By Archangel-Amael in forum OLD BT4beta Bugs and Fixes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
  4. Metagoofil Problems in Bt4
    By Packet in forum OLD Newbie Area
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
  5. Metagoofil *cked up
    By shad0w_crash in forum OLD Specialist Topics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •