Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ark Issue

Just burned his ISO

Default Ark Issue

Ark is not working at all, it crashes every time.

Just burned his ISO

Come on, more info!
    When you try to compress or uncompress files?
    Is it crashing on all compression formats or just one in particular?
    Is the file pass protected?
    The list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by podsys View Post
    Ark is not working at all, it crashes every time.
    That sucks.

Perhaps you could actually provide some information that might help us help you.

Just burned his ISO

what more info you need, i can't open ark no matter what i do. is this the same for you? i tried on different systems and from usb, it simply crashes before i can even open it. this was the same on beta version.

Just burned his ISO

OK, getting more info is good. So if I understand you correctly this is while running B|T live and not installed to the hard drive?

I have BackTrack2 beta installed on a hard drive and Ark works fine.

Are you calling it up from the run command or Konsole, or clicking on a file? A different file or the same one?

Hard to even guess what could cause this without knowing what or how your doing this.

I really am trying to help but you have to understand it's no fun when the information has to be extracted.

Just burned his ISO

I actually had some troubles with Ark too. I was trying to open an gz archive and everytime i just double clicked the file it just immediately crashed.

I'm on a HD install of BT2 Final

Just burned his ISO

yeah i usually run bt2 from usb and it crashes from command and from opening a archive file. so i guess it has to be installed for ark to work.

Quote Originally Posted by podsys View Post
    what more info you need, i can't open ark no matter what i do. is this the same for you? i tried on different systems and from usb, it simply crashes before i can even open it. this was the same on beta version.
    Just think a little geez. Think of it like a car, if you're talking to a mechanic and say "My car is broken, how do I fix it?" are they going to be able to give you an answer?

Are there any error messages when it crashes? Did you check syslog etc for errors? etc etc etc

Just burned his ISO

well i am posting this for the developer's of BT2, i guarantee people have the exact problem as me. i get the KDE crash handler screen every time. it says ark crashed and caused the signal 6 (sigabrt)

1) The Devs don't post here very often. (They MAY read but they rarely post)
    2) Perhaps some people are having the same issue as you but if they all gives us as much information as you had before your most recent post then we'd never figure it out (just like the mechanic would never have a suggestion for fixing your car).

Thanks for finally starting to give us something that we can work with.

The same thing happens whether you're using GUI or CLI version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast