Thread: Now what?

Just burned his ISO

Default Now what?

Just installed BT4 on VBox. now what? where should I start from, with so many tutorials, totally confused what to do? can some one guide me on this?
    (sorry if this has been asked before but just too confused)
    where can i find a step by step tutorial for this, as a beginner and towards advanced concepts or tools? please direct to the specific thread or link or any other resource which will help me get started.
    thank you.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Now what?

u picked a hard way to start . i always tell this to my students in my classes , forget the tools learn the concepts and for concepts u dont need bt.what do u want to do is the answer. why did u install bt ? and what do u expect to do with it. tell us like i wanna do xx or be a pro in yy so we can @ least point the direction.
    CCNA-CCNP-CCSP-CEH-MCP(! ya ya in old good days there was mcp-winsock)
    may the big penguin rape you in your dreams if you abuse your knowledge

Well, what reason was it that caused you to download the distribution in the first place?

Just burned his ISO

to learn penetration testing and ethical hacking. may be these are advanced terms i am using but yeah i want to learn. i don't know how much of BT can be used in forensics.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

There is a lot and we can't really tell you what to learn other than to learn it all, which is impossible.
    There are plenty of threads on this subject as well as information posted all over the internet.
    A good foundation would be how networks interconnect and interact, how OS work, and a bit on programming.

Just have a look around.