Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senao 2511CD Plus EXT2

Just burned his ISO

Here's a permanent fix for a hard drive install. If you are running a livecd, you'll need to do this every time. With a livecd, it's probably easier to do it the way the wiki says.

rm /lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/orinoco*
    rm /lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hermes.ko
    nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

comment out the following lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

#blacklist hostap_cs
    #blacklist hostap_pci
    #blacklist hostap_plx
    #blacklist hostap

insert card

with some laptops you might need to

pccardctl insert

bt ~ # lsmod
    Module Size Used by
    hostap_cs 56500 1
    hostap 107540 1 hostap_cs
    Now im not a linux person so please be patient
    I assume that rm means remove, the problem is that now ive installed bt2 final the two folders suggested dont appear to be there!

next problem comment out ?? the following lines, now id like to comment them out ) i assume its a way of ignoring them without deleting them but again how do i view the contents of the file they are in, I can find the file but not view it

so close but yet so far

Just burned his ISO

well I think i figured out the first two parts
    just type the text into a bash screen
    then you get changed into the new directory and to comment out all I do is insert a # before each line
    but the last bit lsmod i get to the screen but can see no way of enetering the new info and now my card dont work at all
    ill try a few more times then reload bt2 to get back to the start

The lsmod command "lists modules" that are currently loaded. You should see hostap and hostap_cs. If you see those modules loaded, your card will work. Run "iwconfig", from a prompt and see if you have a wlan0.

Just burned his ISO

Ok here is where im at, and its not far !
    after an install of bts final and following the excellent post on fixig dual boot with xp
    I have a machine that boots (almost, as it stops in the middle and says I have a write command in lilo and to fix it, pressing enter continues the boot). once bt has started if i use the original method of getting the senao card to work ie

bt ~ # rmmod orinoco_cs
    bt ~ # rmmod orinoco
    bt ~ # rmmod hermes
    bt ~ # modprobe hostap_cs

the card reports as being in monitor mode
    and if i type the command lsmod

Module Size Used by
    hostap_cs 56500 0
    hostap 107540 1 hostap_cs

note i get a 0 and not a 1 as suggested ??

now if i try to pentest my ap i will recieve maybe 200 to 300 arp requests and on starting aircrck i find that i have only 200 ivs after an hour ! but the sent packet count is high.

I have tried the permanent fix, as in

rm /lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/orinoco*
    rm /lib/modules/2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/hermes.ko
    nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

comment out the following lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

#blacklist hostap_cs
    #blacklist hostap_pci
    #blacklist hostap_plx
    #blacklist hostap

but when i do the lsmod there are no hostap modules shown ?

so the card will not start

in desperation I rebooted with my netgear wg511t card and ran my normal method

ifconfig wifi0 down
    macchanger --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode monitor
    airmon-ng start wifi0

ifconfig ath1 down
    macchanger --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 ath1
    ifconfig ath1 up

Start capture.....
    airodump-ng -c <chan> -w <file> --ivs ath1

Auth.......
    aireplay-ng -e <name> -a <mac> -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 --fakeauth 10 ath1

Inject......
    aireplay-ng --arpreplay -b <mac> -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath1

Crack.....
    aircrack-ng -0 -n 64 <capture>.ivs

now the arps come flying as do the packets but after 2 mins only 5000 ivs and after 1 hour still only 5000 ivs but the dump file size grows all the time ?

I would realy like to get my senao card working and if any one has a simple idiots guide or can spot a glaring error in my method please let me know

using bt2 beta and the netgear card i cracked my ap in 20 mins so it can be done, also people here are reporting senao card injection so that can also be done, and I have updated the card to version 1.74

tristania

It looks like im really not alone with that Packet-Injection problem on that nl-2511CD card ;(

I looks like nobody know how to fix it, i searched the hole net etc. i gues. ;((

tristania

is there maybe any patching of hostap or whatever needed to get the packet injection working?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12