Thread: Bt3 From one laptop to another. Data Transfer Question.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Default Bt3 From one laptop to another. Data Transfer Question.

I should probably know the answer to this, but I dont, So I posted in the Nubbers Section.

I have 1 laptop with BT3 on it. Configured veddy nice with drivers, and all sorts of other stuff. Just got another laptop, much better, much faster, same brand, just better hardware. Is there an easy way to transfer from one machine to the other. The Older one has a a standard laptop drive, but the new one has some crazy over-sized compactflash card in it. If there's no easy way, I'll just redo everything, it's just a pain in the asster. Thanks guys.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

You can probably do it with dd....try google'ing things like "using dd to ghost", "using dd to clone", or "dd over netcat", etc.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    You can probably do it with dd....try google'ing things like "using dd to ghost", "using dd to clone", or "dd over netcat", etc.
    You. Are. The. Man.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Thorin.

Close up the thread, I got some DDing to attend to!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!