Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Handheld Backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Are you running OpenZaurus on it?
    Yep. Though they killed the project, well not really killed it, but rolled it into a new distro. It's called Angstrom. I haven't figured out how to build applications in that yet, so I'm still running openz.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yep. Though they killed the project, well not really killed it, but rolled it into a new distro. It's called Angstrom. I haven't figured out how to build applications in that yet, so I'm still running openz.
    Right... I remember reading about Angstrom when I ported Familiar to my iPaq 5455....

I wonder what the possibilities will be for OpenMoko and Android (Google) Linux on the Zaurus?

Personally, I am going to wait before I buy any more pocket devices until they release something (phone / pda) with a decent processor + actual hard drive, that has either an injectable card or a USB port (running either OpenMoko or Android).

On another note, I finally had some free time this evening and got Metasploit to run on my iPHone
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Dude at work picked up a Samsung Q1 Ultra. We put my BackTrack usb drive on it. Works pretty well, backlight was pretty dim, but I'm sure with a little fiddeling it would be okay. Wifi worked with kismet. Pretty slick little unit.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Dude at work picked up a Samsung Q1 Ultra. We put my BackTrack usb drive on it. Works pretty well, backlight was pretty dim, but I'm sure with a little fiddeling it would be okay. Wifi worked with kismet. Pretty slick little unit.
    Yeah those Q1's are pretty cool... they're getting rather affordable these days too... on another note, I've been tracking a newer OQO on Craigslist... was 1500, then 14, 1250.... going to offer the guy a grand cash

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Yeah those Q1's are pretty cool... they're getting rather affordable these days too... on another note, I've been tracking a newer OQO on Craigslist... was 1500, then 14, 1250.... going to offer the guy a grand cash
    Nice!! Supposedly they're going to release some new hardware in the next few months.

I just flashed angstrom on the z. So far it's not too bad. Though, it's only been on there for a few hours, and Mythbusters was on, so I haven't had much time with it yet. They had some really cool high speed shots of "grape shot" from a cannon hitting a pig. 1 inch ball bearings going 900mph does a number on a pig!

I wonder if an iPhone version would be released, or possible.

/me thinks of an i|Track ISO

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

and your iso will be unusable since apple renew it's firmware.......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    I wonder if an iPhone version would be released, or possible.

/me thinks of an i|Track ISO
    I'd bet the farm that's not going to happen anytime this decade...

You can install Perl via the Installer app on a jailbroken phone, then you can scp over Metasploit v2.7.

Other than that, your not going to be able to do much else except some basic terminal crap. The Marvel 802.11 chipset in the iPhone doesn't support promiscuous mode right now (and maybe never)

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

really the first valuable solution i see is the eepc one...... first device really meeting the requirement with some tweeking for our use.....

btw i saw there's a eee sold every 6 seconds in the world and we have no news for france i just receive a mail form asus fr saying me there's no date anounced for the moment ..........GRRRRR (i don't want to buy it on asuslaptop.co.UK....... )
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

The Chinese are producing and are planning to produce their own Linux native phones. Sooner or later they will have one with an injectable wifi card.

I was going to buy a NEO 1973 (OpenMoko) until ASPj told me that the card isn't going to be useful on the tinyshell forum

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast