Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Handheld Backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by backt View Post
    Can you tell me will my Ubiquiti SRC300 card work in HP Jornada 720?
    Is it supports PC CARD 32bit or only 16bit PCMCIA type?

If yes I try to find a Jornada soon... and I am very interested in your handheld work.
    only 16bit cards in the jornada. Sorry there has been no update in a while, but I am still working on this when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2 View Post
    only 16bit cards in the jornada. Sorry there has been no update in a while, but I am still working on this when I get a chance.

HP website has the specification and it says PC CARD Type II supported.

One PC Card Type II card slot
    One CompactFlash Type I card slot
    One Smart Card reader card slot

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=61677

Quote Originally Posted by backt View Post
    HP website has the specification and it says PC CARD Type II supported.

One PC Card Type II card slot
    One CompactFlash Type I card slot
    One Smart Card reader card slot

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=61677
    the type in the PCMCIA slot / card description refers to the depth of the card. type I is 3.3mm thick, type II 5mm thick and type III are 10.5mm thick.

the slot is just a 16bit, not a 32bit cardbus slot, or at least the one in my 720 is.

OK, thanks. I learned something new.

I thought PC Card Type II = Cardbus 32 bit.

Just burned his ISO

i have a nokia n800, which is an arm based, debian linux PDA device that has really done well by me thus far.

nokia.com/n800

along with its incredible 800x480 display, and two SD cards slots (which a patch was release for, so SDHC cards up to 8 GB each work) it has a pretty good wifi card in it that picks up more wifi APs than my Gateway 7422gx laptop.

i hang out on a board, internettablettalk.com, that is dedicated to this device and its little brother the nokia 770. on there i have found a few folks that have put metasploit together for it. i cant seem to get it working, but that cause i am a putz (different thread for that...)

anyway, nokia backs the platform and *seems* committed to its success. new updates come out for it regularly, and one of the new features (still in the works) is a custom ported version of skype for the platform.

what i am wondering, is if people are looking to find a UMPC type platform to use with Back|Track/Back|Hand, would this be a possible candidate?

Just burned his ISO

Very interested in this!! Especially if you could get injection working with a wifi card. Any idea when you will release something?

Well as I've posted various times throughout this forum, the 'smallest' device I've been successful @ in running the full BT2 distro is the Sony UX280P; for those that aren't familiar it's slightly larger than a pda with an Intel core solo 1.2 ghz processor, 1gb ram, and a 40 gb hd and will run pretty much any OS on the market.

The built in ipw3945 card sucks, 'but' the usb port saves the day for plugging in your favorite alfa / linksys /etc card which makes it a very powerful device (if your budget allows you to afford it )
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

I have a Dell Axim X30 which I barely use. I wonder if I recompile the kernel for ARM/XScale if BT will run. I'm gonna try it out one of these days...
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Quote Originally Posted by elazar View Post
    I have a Dell Axim X30 which I barely use. I wonder if I recompile the kernel for ARM/XScale if BT will run. I'm gonna try it out one of these days...
    I had an x51v that I bought on craigslist after getting some disinformation that a linux port was available for it. Unfortunately there isn't as Dell hadn't released code info on the device (even though production was discontinued).

there is a port of familiar linux, but I don't know exactly how far they've taken it:

http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/AximX30HowTo
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Excuse my ignorance, isn't the Axim series all XScale processors, so you should be able to compile the kernel for ARM4 and get it to work...

E
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast