Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Handheld Backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    I understand the idea of running Linux on WM. I have gizard running via Haret on my HTC Wizard but the wireless doesn't have linux drivers.
    I think where I'm getting confused is that I thought NeoPwn was based on or ported from Openmoko Linux, and not BT3. If it is based on BT3 then it is a different matter. I've seen a picture of Openmoko running on the BlueAngel on Flickr, I'm not going to fall into the illusion that it will be easy.
    No, it's not based on BT3, it is however running a lot of the same apps.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I understand the idea of running Linux on WM. I have gizard running via Haret on my HTC Wizard but the wireless doesn't have linux drivers.
    I think where I'm getting confused is that I thought NeoPwn was based on or ported from Openmoko Linux, and not BT3. If it is based on BT3 then it is a different matter. I've seen a picture of Openmoko running on the BlueAngel on Flickr, I'm not going to fall into the illusion that it will be easy.
    As Barry points out it is not actually developed with BT3 as the starting point, it runs a custom kernel to which many of the tools from BT3 have been ported. If my memory serves me right it actually uses a modified Debian version as the base for the pentesting OS. I also believe that wyze actually managed to make kernel headers for it as well which would allow you to port additional applications to it quite easily.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, it's not based on BT3, it is however running a lot of the same apps.
    As I said, it won't be easy, but if it is based on Openmoko and it can be run on the HTC BA then it possible.
    I think a better option will be to use a distro that has been developed for the BA and compile the other tools such as aircrack and kismet on that distro so I can see the limitations and bugs. At least this way I will have a GUI and work on getting Wireshark going <- won't be easy especially with the small memory and compiling the graphics libraries.
    It all about small steps and trial and error, hopefully in the new year i'll get somewhere and some useful info.

As I said, it won't be easy, but if it is based on Openmoko and it can be run on the HTC BA then it possible.
    I think a better option will be to use a distro that has been developed for the BA and compile the other tools such as aircrack and kismet on that distro so I can see the limitations and bugs. At least this way I will have a GUI and work on getting Wireshark going <- won't be easy especially with the small memory and compiling the graphics libraries.
    It all about small steps and trial and error, hopefully in the new year i'll get somewhere and some useful info.
    Umm no - your fscked actually if you think you can run this on the BA - unless you are a driver developer, there aren't many working hardware drivers that give the BA functionality (buggy touchscreen / useless QWERTY that doesn't work).

The onboard card is 802.11b - it's a very weak card.

There isn't USB Host Mode support, so you cannot use USB WLAN not any other USB devices.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Okay. I'll give up on the Openmoko/NeoPwn idea. I have a small budget, so the BA appealed to me, plus I need a new phone too. On handhelds.org they say that almost all the functions work for the BA, its not Neo but its almost Linux. As for the USB to Host, I think i'm getting confused, its RNDIS so external wifi isn't an option.
    This is a newbie question. Is there a platform to compile the software on my PC to speed things up? Like atempt to run it on a virtual machine or an enviroment to compile with the pxa architecture?

Okay. I'll give up on the Openmoko/NeoPwn idea. I have a small budget, so the BA appealed to me, plus I need a new phone too. On handhelds.org they say that almost all the functions work for the BA, its not Neo but its almost Linux. As for the USB to Host, I think i'm getting confused, its RNDIS so external wifi isn't an option.
    This is a newbie question. Is there a platform to compile the software on my PC to speed things up? Like atempt to run it on a virtual machine or an enviroment to compile with the pxa architecture?
    Of course, we call them as "cross-compiler toolchain"
    One of the best (I only heard about it) is cross-tool (by kegel) (Google for it).

The another which we also use by compilation of such kernels as the Android's kernel, is the Codesourcery's free cross-compiler.

DOMy
    127.0.0.1 sweety 127.0.0.1???

Home, sweety home

-by HK!

I have the HTC BA now but haven't bothered getting my behind in gear. Got a PSP at Christmas too so I've wasting my life on that and my new MikroTik router.

I've tried three different builds for the BA with varied results. Got one working great but no console. Unless I get any inspiration to get it done I may just wait and get an OQO +01.

I have the HTC BA now but haven't bothered getting my behind in gear. Got a PSP at Christmas too so I've wasting my life on that and my new MikroTik router.

I've tried three different builds for the BA with varied results. Got one working great but no console. Unless I get any inspiration to get it done I may just wait and get an OQO +01.
    A what?????
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A what?????
    BA = Blue Angel
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    BA = Blue Angel
    Ah Ha! I see now. I did a google and got links to a crap ton of batteries...

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast