Default Handheld Backtrack

Hello, any updates?
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tweener View Post
    Hello, any updates?
    Thanks a lot
    http://www.neopwn.com/
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Hello, any updates?
    Thanks a lot
    http://www.neopwn.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    See neopwn....

Yes, I saw it, but I'd prefer not to buy a new phone, if there's something similar available for the HTC Universal...
    Already went that path

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    Already went that path
    Oh... Yeah, so it seems.

RT73 on a N810
    http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13458

But this is what i'm aiming for myself...
    http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...331828b,00.htm
    I got the Blue Angel to do packet injection - which was very satisfying at the time (although there were driver issues for everything else and I couldn’t use the actual keypad).
    I'm waiting until after Santa mugs me before I get a HTC BlueAngel but they are cheap so not much of an outlay. There are plenty of other 'Distros' available for the BlueAngel.

I don't know, I think you'd have better support with the neo here...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I can get a HTC Blue Angel for about £50 or a Neo Freerunner for £350 so the HTC is the only option for me. If I can get Openmoko workable on the HTC I think NeoPwn won't be far away. Plus on handheld.org they say they have USB to Host working but not sure if that means cross-compiled drivers are an option for a usb wifi stick.

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    I can get a HTC Blue Angel for about £50 or a Neo Freerunner for £350 so the HTC is the only option for me. If I can get Openmoko workable on the HTC I think NeoPwn won't be far away. Plus on handheld.org they say they have USB to Host working but not sure if that means cross-compiled drivers are an option for a usb wifi stick.
    But since the HTC runs on completely different hardware than the Neo Freerunner you will still have to compile a custom kernel to be able to run NeoPwn on it. This is essentially what was done with BT3, along with a multitude of additional modification and scripting to make it easier to operate on the device, when it was turned into the NeoPwn for the Freerunner.

All I am saying is that the step that you make sound trivial in your post is the one that demands the most knowledge, time and tinkering to actually get past.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    But since the HTC runs on completely different hardware than the Neo Freerunner you will still have to compile a custom kernel to be able to run NeoPwn on it. This is essentially what was done with BT3, along with a multitude of additional modification and scripting to make it easier to operate on the device, when it was turned into the NeoPwn for the Freerunner.

All I am saying is that the step that you make sound trivial in your post is the one that demands the most knowledge, time and tinkering to actually get past.
    I understand the idea of running Linux on WM. I have gizard running via Haret on my HTC Wizard but the wireless doesn't have linux drivers.
    I think where I'm getting confused is that I thought NeoPwn was based on or ported from Openmoko Linux, and not BT3. If it is based on BT3 then it is a different matter. I've seen a picture of Openmoko running on the BlueAngel on Flickr, I'm not going to fall into the illusion that it will be easy.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast