Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Handheld Backtrack

Quote Originally Posted by domi007 View Post
    And I'm working now on a LiveCD: with this livecd you can compile any programs for ARM architecture, and package in the well-known ipk format.

I didn't find any LiveCD for that, if you know anything, what can help me in this project, please don't hesitate, send a PM!

My project now:
    DEBIAN installed in VMware, with these pacakges:
    fluxbox, firefox, build-essential, linux-kernel-headers, xorg, gdm, emelfm, bison
    And I'm trying now the crosstool toolchain (kegel.com/crosstool). Hope, it will works, but unfortunately, it takes more than 2 gigabytes .

DOMy
    Didn't try it, but sounds interesting :

http://kopsisengineering.com/kopsis/SharpZaurusSdkDsl
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

On another development, I've aparently been successful in installing a complete, fully-native Debian install on my HTC Universal; this should reduce my stress level in dealing with the candy-a$$ Angstrom developers and will eliminate the need for OpenEmbedded!!!!!!!!
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post
    Didn't try it, but sounds interesting :

http://kopsisengineering.com/kopsis/SharpZaurusSdkDsl
    A few of the zaurus distros wll let you natively compile software on them. Cross compiling is faster, but usually a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    On another development, I've aparently been successful in installing a complete, fully-native Debian install on my HTC Universal; this should reduce my stress level in dealing with the candy-a$$ Angstrom developers and will eliminate the need for OpenEmbedded!!!!!!!!
    Sweet! Getting debian on the zaurus is a pain in the ass. Hope it wasn't as bad for you.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A few of the zaurus distros wll let you natively compile software on them. Cross compiling is faster, but usually a pain in the ass.

Sweet! Getting debian on the zaurus is a pain in the ass. Hope it wasn't as bad for you.
    Yeah, i tried this ZaurusDSL yesterday, and it is really a pain in the ass. I don't even want to dive into the Debian on Zaurus . Mostly because my Akita doesn't have a hard drive.

But in general, i'm rather satisified with the Angstrom.
    It might be a yesterday's news, but i finally got some wifi tools (mdk3, macchanger, aircrack-ng + injection, kismet...) to work on Akita. If anyone is interested, i put a little showcase here

Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post
    Yeah, i tried this ZaurusDSL yesterday, and it is really a pain in the ass. I don't even want to dive into the Debian on Zaurus . Mostly because my Akita doesn't have a hard drive.

But in general, i'm rather satisified with the Angstrom.
    It might be a yesterday's news, but i finally got some wifi tools (mdk3, macchanger, aircrack-ng + injection, kismet...) to work on Akita. If anyone is interested, i put a little showcase here
    Very niiice...

I'm still drinking a fifth of vodka a day to wear off my misery in dealing with Angstrom. So far I have been able to get a good percentage of BT apps on the Uni / Debian, with the exception of mdk3. I was able to run it in Angstrom on the Uni using the Zaurus Isty package on homepages.tu-darmstadt.de, but I spent well over an hour (unsuccessfully) switching the target architecture from armv5te to armel and packaging the deb file

I'll have to bribe someone (Zero_Chaos) maybe to assist

I'll have to bribe someone (Zero_Chaos) maybe to assist
    I used to have the same idea, but then i remembered that i don't know how to use the IRC So, i gave up...

One question: HOW?

Another thing is:
    My LiveCD is OK, but I've no more place on my harddrive. It's a pain in ass, that i found a great toolchain, but with a minimal DEBIAN installation (200MB) in a virtual PC, it needs more than 2 GB, and I don't have so many place. But, sooner, or later it will be fixed.

If somebody is interested, here is the link, I think, if it is working, than it will make our life easier:
    kegel.com/crosstool/

DOMy
    127.0.0.1 sweety 127.0.0.1???

Home, sweety home

-by HK!

http://wiki.neilandtheresa.co.uk/Tit...talling_Debian

We still need the acx100 driver cleaned up!!

Here's a god awful long thread on the subject.
    http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25666&hl=

This is kinda cool too.
    http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/index....y080428-205636

Ubuntu frisky firedrake, running on a zaurus. Just command line at the moment, but it's a start.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Here's a god awful long thread on the subject.
    http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25666&hl=

This is kinda cool too.
    http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/index....y080428-205636

Ubuntu frisky firedrake, running on a zaurus. Just command line at the moment, but it's a start.
    I tried the Android, from the same source. It's funny as hell , but it actually works, even the GUI.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast