Thread: Where did Windows 7 go?

Just burned his ISO

Default Where did Windows 7 go?

I installed BT4 Final into my Windows 7 OS computer, I got BT4 running smoothly although most of the Konsole operations were not working for me. That has lead me to want to try this again sometime later, and return to my Windows 7 OS but apparently I can't. I'm not sure what to do, i've been doing research but I can't find anything that suits this particular problem. SO basically I want to get rid of the BT4 and go back to my Windows 7. Any suggests?

Default Re: Where did Windows 7 go?

It sounds like you may have deleted your Windows 7 partition. Did you pay attention to what was going on during the partitioning step of the installation process? Did it tell you it was going to use the entire disk for your BackTrack partition?

If BackTrack was installed alongside Windows (in a dual boot configuration) then you should be able to boot into Windows using a startup option when the system starts. If you dont see Windows there as an option, then its probably been deleted. Use a Linux boot cd and check your partition table using gparted or fdisk to see if the Windows partition is still there.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

What lupin said. So if you did delete it then you need to
    A. Buy a Windows Install CD for a good amount of money.
    B. Find the restore disk your computer came with if it did at all.

and next time measure twice (2) cut once (1)
    pureh@te said: Our goal is to be a fearsome pentest distro not a windows replacement OS where we are trying to convert the world to Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by lildon012 View Post
    SO basically I want to get rid of the BT4 and go back to my Windows 7. Any suggests?
    Yup. Pull out your Win7 install CD (or DVD) and have at it.
    Last edited by thorin; 06-09-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Typo correction....
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Alright, I have the Windows 7 OS on my USB ready to be booted, but the problem is that Windows 7 will not boot it seems. I've done a bit of research, and now I believe I did, infact, delete the partition, but now it won't boot when I go to Power>Gateway>F2 Key>Boot Options, I prioritize the Boot USB and yet it will not boot, instead it goes to GRUB>Press ESC when I press ESC it displays the OS's on there, but no windows. So I exit out of that, and Back Tracks begins to start. Any Suggestions on this new problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lildon012 View Post
    Alright, I have the Windows 7 OS on my USB ready to be booted, but the problem is that Windows 7 will not boot it seems. I've done a bit of research, and now I believe I did, infact, delete the partition, but now it won't boot when I go to Power>Gateway>F2 Key>Boot Options, I prioritize the Boot USB and yet it will not boot, instead it goes to GRUB>Press ESC when I press ESC it displays the OS's on there, but no windows. So I exit out of that, and Back Tracks begins to start. Any Suggestions on this new problem?
    This isnt a Windows installation help forum, so we cant help with this, but the bit I have highlighted above seems like an issue to me. Just install using the proper Windows 7 Install/recovery media that came with your computer - which is probably on a DVD.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.