Thread: Opera Browser, Kubuntu, SpoonWEP/WPA

Just burned his ISO

Cool Opera Browser, Kubuntu, SpoonWEP/WPA

You should include Opera Browser in BackTrack. It has a built in IRC Client, Email, and Feed Reader. Its built in Opera Turbo is a proxy server that is FASTER than normal browsing. (that's why it's turbo) It's customizable with tons of skins. It has the ability to mask itself as IE or FF on websites. Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download

BackTrack should be based on Kubuntu. It uses the new version of KDE.

SpoonWEP/WPA. An automated WiFi Hack tool. Creator: shamanvirtuel

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Opera Browser, Kubuntu, SpoonWEP/WPA

FireFox has an IRC client, chatzilla, not to mention x-chat or whatever the other client that is installed.
    Email is also included as well as liferaa the feed reader.
    There are plenty of proxy add-ons available per mozilla as well as google and already included.
    FF can mask itself as well. There is an add on or changing the about:config file in FF.

Kubuntu is Ubunutu with the KDE desktop manager. BT= is Ubuntu with KDE and a whole bunch more. Which is pretty much pointless.
    There are plenty of threads why kde4 was not included so do have a look around.
    SpoonWEP/WPA is no longer supported and we know the author. Matter of fact like He has a newer tool there is a thread on it, again I encourage you to browse around.

I have opera and firefox installed - opera seems to be a bit more w3c compliant than firefox (i'm on swiftfox 3.6). Opera has a repo you can use with aptitude - deb Index of /opera stable non-free as well as a beta repository, nice to have on occasion.

In terms of KDE 4 - the new release coming in Lucid looks a lot more promising than the prior releases, but its still a massive resource hog and you dont want that on a pen-test distro as you might be using it on a machine that's tight on resources. The other issue with going to KDE4 is porting all the menu entries, some apps, etc. KDE3 is a tried and true GUI with a large following, and a much smaller footprint. If you want it to look nicer, there are plenty of themes, or you can use compiz (hells, i've got it as my primary WM, kwin doesnt even get loaded on my machine).

Spoon tools simplify life, but in all honesty, you'll be much better off knowing how everything actually works if you use aircrack's tool suite yourself.

Just burned his ISO

dont think these things should be shipped by default, peopl who wants it could easily update rgt, nd more overs the point is not in including every thing under tht sun rgt, its bring the best under the sun

Just burned his ISO

i support this idea. please include

- Opera (Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download)
    - Google Chrome (Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux)

in future release of Backtrack.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Apparently you just made a post and didn't bother to read the entire thread. This is generally a good idea.

Opera and chrome like all browsers have flaws in them.
    There are already like 3 browsers in BT anyhow, so I doubt another one will get added.
    If you really want chrome, I did a post on my blog (google my user name) on installing it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.