Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some scripts to make life easier

Just burned his ISO

thanks a lot purehate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    How to run a bash script.

open kate or kwrite or whatever editor you fancy.

copy and paste the script into the editor.

save as......filename.sh

save to your root directory.

open a command shell and type chmod a+x filename.sh

you can also use chmod 755 filename.sh

they are the same command.

this makes the file excectable with all privliges. In linux all files have user,group,root,read,write and excecute priviliges

after that simply type

filename.sh at the prompt and voila.........

hey to save making a new post. Has anybody got any links to learn how to script in backtrack2 mabye a noobie guide! Thanks
    MaCc
    [CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.[/COLOR]
    [B]Thomas H. Huxley[/B][/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by _MaCc_ View Post
    hey to save making a new post. Has anybody got any links to learn how to script in backtrack2 mabye a noobie guide! Thanks
    MaCc
    LOL, silly question for a junior member. Change your question before other members bash it :-).

But.... to answer your question, scripting in bt2 is just like any other linux scripting language. Just do a little search on google about "linux shell script tutorial". There are ton of tutorials out there. "Bash" is pretty easy to use.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonF4i View Post
    LOL, silly question for a junior member. Change your question before other members bash it :-).

But.... to answer your question, scripting in bt2 is just like any other linux scripting language. Just do a little search on google about "linux shell script tutorial". There are ton of tutorials out there. "Bash" is pretty easy to use.
    Oh weird, I thought you were a junior member too.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by _MaCc_ View Post
    MaCc
    This "Pre Googled" link should serve you well. Lots of goodies on BASH shell scripting.

Code:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=bash+shell+scripting&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Oh weird, I thought you were a junior member too.
    I find nothing wrong with my answers since I find some users on here like to give negative comments. At least, I provided the guy with some guidance w/ his question.

As a senior member, shouldn't your answer be a little more productive and useful?

Cut it out now, that's an end to it.

Not one more word.

Thanks, ph....

Taking the time to give a detailed example aided me in learning more about how to do things in Linux... I've c&p and put it into a document so I can refer to it again and again...

Thanks all the others for excellent examples as to how to automate things... top-notch work~

teach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123