Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this is not an appropriate section to post this. In the old forum I would have put this in the general section.

I am very proud to say that over the weekend I successfully completed my OSCP certification challenge! I just wanted to tell everyone that is considering taking the course that it is absolutely worth it. The material is great for people who are seriously interested in IT security but don't have a lot of hands on experience. There's nothing better than having the lab to remote into and practice all of your techniques in a safe, controlled, legal environment. I was probably one of the last people to purchase the V2 material which is geared towards backtrack 3. I enjoyed it so much that I am still going to purchase the V3 material which is geared towards backtrack 4. For the price I honestly believe that you will not find a better valued certification in all of IT. I am much more proud of obtaining this than my Microsoft certifications.

I found the challenge very difficult. I used about 18 hours out of the allowed 24 to obtain a passing score. That includes two half hour breaks. I believe that a seasoned security expert probably would have breezed right through. I can't mention any details but it does absolutely give you a real feel of how well you understood the course material.

I hope to someday be able to take the CTP course but I know I have a lot of learning to do first.