Thread: Asus EEEpc 1001p networking issues

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Asus EEEpc 1001p networking issues

I seem to be having some issues to get my wired NIC (ar8132 chipset) up and running.

any time I try to boot the nic up (running dhclient, ifconfig eth0 up, etc. etc.) much to my dismay, I start getting the flowing error streamed to the shell (repetitively)

Code:
    irq event 28: bogus return value f8101600
    handlers:
    [<f80caa30>] (atl1c_intr+0x0/0x610 atl1e])
    and this error loops until I bring down the interface

Googling and a search of these forums hasn't rendered anything of consequence, if somebody's networking-fu is greater than mine, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,
    Duke

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Asus EEEpc 1001p networking issues

Have you had any luck with your wireless? It's not picking mine up at all. I need to check my wired to see if I get anywhere on that one. I gave up and ordered an alpha usb setup to get up and running. LMK

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

so are you running off a live cd/vmware/usb/hdd install? Have you tried your wired interface in windows possibly?
    and can you start up networking and connect to the wired through wicd?
    waiting for your response
    mike
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556

Just burned his ISO

@wonder1and

The current state of my backtrack install is wireless is fully functional, and wired is completely dead (bt doesnt even recognize eth0)

Now I cant remember exactaly how i got to this point (as with most troubleshooting, you just keep trying things untill it works, and then youa rent really sure which thing or combination of things fixed it, you just know it works!)

but the first bet would be to upgrade to the most recent avaiable kernel ( using the tutorial below, mind you there are some typos)

BackTrack 4 Pre Final Kernel Update

and see where that gets you (and report back :-) )

Just burned his ISO

I can not get wireless working can you provide some directions as to how you got it working?

Just burned his ISO

@nthoms

I'm in the same boat as Duke with the AR8132 chipset and no wired connection. But, I was able to get the wireless up and running by doing the following:

(For this method I had access to another computer with a connection, and used a USB key to move the files I needed over to my netbook. I am running UNE 10.04)

1. Go to Ubuntu -- Ubuntu Packages Search
    2. Click on Lucid > Development > Download linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic (2.6.32.24.25) - File will be: linux-backports-modules-wireless-2.6.32-24-generic_2.6.32-24.17_i386.deb.
    3. Go back to Ubuntu -- Ubuntu Packages Search.
    4. Click on Lucid-Updates > Development > Download linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic (2.6.32.24.25) - File will be: linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic_2-1.6.32.24.25_i386.deb
    5. Move the downloaded .deb files onto your netbook desktop. Double click on each package in turn and Package Installer should automatically launch. Click install. package. Note: If the Installer tells you that a dependancy is missing you can a) download it from the same package website or b) find it on your install disk/usb under pool/main/(corresponding first letter of file name)/(file name).
    6. After installing these two packages restart and your wireless should be recognized.

Post how you make out. Have you had any success getting your wired connection working Duke?

- TS