hello all,
i've recently embarked on a rfid related project involving making a security auditing tool for my college. anyway, I got hold of a usb Arcontia rfid reader (an ACG reader on the inside) and have been struggling to make it work with the tools in BT4.

after some playing around with rfdump in Ubuntu I got to read the tag id's (though nothing else) by using: rfdump -p /dev/ttyUSB0 and scanning through the baud rates.

now I'm trying to get to grips with the RFIDIOt tools in backtrack, however all I get is:
'garbage from reader' I can see that the reader is there if I try lsusb, also it pops up in the /dev folder as either ttyUSB0 or ttyUSB1.

I installed rfdump on my BT4 installation, but using it in the manner I did in ubuntu got no results.
Does anyone know what's going on here? I'm guessing that there is some simple way to configure the reader which I have overlooked. any help will be more than welcome (I feel that there is some obvious solution, and yet with a day's googling I'm not much better off), documentation about the reader, and RFIDIOt seem to be scarce.
thanks, francis