Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BackTrack v.2.0 in Progress

Just burned his ISO

Hey,

Here's an attempt at it hope you all like it...

Suggestions
    =========

1. I'm a linux newb and am not entirely sure if its possible, but if you can make the terminal windows in bt transparent with no status bar that would be sweet.

2. maybe add some more cool features like yakuake and leetmode... maybe add some more things to leetmode...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto
    Suggestions
    =========

1. I'm a linux newb and am not entirely sure if its possible, but if you can make the terminal windows in bt transparent with no status bar that would be sweet.

2. maybe add some more cool features like yakuake and leetmode... maybe add some more things to leetmode...
    Is there xterm in BT? I know you can change xterm to transparency, if theres not it would be nice if it is in the new B|T

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto
    Hey,

Here's an attempt at it hope you all like it...

Suggestions
    =========

yeah you can make term transparent. Mine shows the background of the desktop when they are on top or something. Transparent does that (instead of whats behind it, but that's good because you might have osmething that is bright or alot of text and makes terminal harder to read)

also you can get this crystal addon from kde-look.org that makes the status bar trasnparent and
    crystal looking.

also that dragon is cool. Reminds me of ground zero, like Backtrack is ground zero tools or something. Like when worst comes to worst, and you need the best, you have BT 2.0
    "Only in America :P - where else can you find a company that makes a buggy product and makes tons of money from it, have people exploit the heck out of it and then make tonnes MORE money from selling their existing customers "upgrades" that induce MORE bugs?" -markds

Just burned his ISO

It would be great if you could repair protocol media:/// which often doesn't work. And locate function.

Just burned his ISO

I don't know if this have been suggested before or if it excists in BackTrack 1.0, but I would like to see some OpenSSH Exploits... Version 3.0 and further (Protocol 1.99).

Thanks in Advance // Noem

Just burned his ISO

A few Ideas for the new release

* 2 versions a "lite" & "full"
    * Lite version basic pentesting apps. running from CD-r
    * full version w/ all of the goodies & some tutorials run from DVD-r

Another Idea

* Save feature (for those running from USB Thumb drive etc.)
    similar to http://www.slax.org/modules.php?cate...Slax_Utilities

Just burned his ISO

Flash tutorial videos (cracking wep etc.) videos included in CD and some nice flash player that you can watch those offline.

Quote Originally Posted by mizaC
    Flash tutorial videos (cracking wep etc.) videos included in CD and some nice flash player that you can watch those offline.
    i doubt that ever happen. Then again who knows. Unless they make their own, they'd just say to use the ones mirrored by markds, or some other site that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by nusch
    It would be great if you could repair protocol media:/// which often doesn't work. And locate function.
    you mean how locate doesn't find stuff all the time?
    make sure you run
    Code:
    $ updatedb
    from konsole. it will take a little second but everytime you install something new, if you want it to be found (with locate and/or find command) its best to run that command first.

here's a bit on locate command
    "Only in America :P - where else can you find a company that makes a buggy product and makes tons of money from it, have people exploit the heck out of it and then make tonnes MORE money from selling their existing customers "upgrades" that induce MORE bugs?" -markds

Just burned his ISO

Default hi

can you include loop-aes as it was on the todo list before? that would be usefull for all those who install it to HD

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast