As you might have seen in the Dev Log, Max and I have started working on v.2.0.
Basically, the look and feel will be the same, with several major additions.
We are planning a beta release at the end of Nov (maybe sooner?).
* New kernel - 2.6.18-rc5
* Updated tools
* New tools (defcon / blackhat / packetstorm)
* Dual Core Support (with fallback to Single CPU)
* No more UnionFS ! Yay! We now use aufs with zlib compression.
Max and I have added several new features, such as :
* Network Booting Cracking Cluster ability
* Network booting instant Backtrack class ability
* Amazing secret stuf Max is working on which i won't disclose yet
* Awsome new framework Max is working on which i won't disclose yet
WHAT WE NEED:
This is your opportunity to give BACK to Backtrack - we need:
* Skilled graphix people do do nice logos/wallpapers
* Skilled web designers
* Suggestions for features / tools you would like to see added.
HOW TO DO IT:
* Please do not post things like "Add support for rtv 3560 drivers!". We are not superhuman. Give us a link, and if possible a brief howto, and we will see what can be done. the more organised you make your request, the more chances are that we will include it in.
* Graphics Competition !
* Generally speaking, we are not interested in changing the Backtrack logo. We do however want a "NG" (next generation) feel. Any variation on the Dragon Wallpaper, or the BackTrack wallpaper is welcomed.
* If you feel you can / want to help out - please make a post in this thread - and we will get back to you by PM asap.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
* Immense satisfaction!
* If your work is chosen, you will be announced as the winner of the graphics competition - and your work will be displayed on thousands of desktops worldwide!
You can get the dragon wallpaper here:
Muts / Max