Thread: Broadcom B43 Wireless Driver activated but not currently in use?

Unhappy Broadcom B43 Wireless Driver activated but not currently in use?

Ok this is my first question post, I've searched high and low in these forums and google and tried numerous fixes but nothing works for me. I have an hp-mini running BT4 that I use to monitor my network. It has a built in Broadcom BCM4312 wireless card. I am currently using a RAlink2573, switching between monitor and managed modes as needed because the broadcom card will not show up in any wireless programs or iwconfig. What i want is for both cards to work so that i can use the ralink in monitor mode and the broadcom in managed. When I go to hardware drivers it says broadcom b43 wireless driver is activated but not currently in use. I have tried toggling the switch while booting, installing numerous other drivers to the point where i had to reinstall BT4, but still can't get it to work, any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Just burned his ISO

Post Re: Broadcom B43 Wireless Driver activated but not currently in use?

I suggest you search abit more on the forums as there is quite alot of info given about this card and how to create a fix for it, some are not an easy process , i am also having the same problem and i know there is alot of threads out there about this card.

Cheers

Default Re: Broadcom B43 Wireless Driver activated but not currently in use?

I am also using hp mini 2133 with bcm 4312 rev 15 after trying out the bt4 r1 dev my wireless now works but it still has some quirks with acpi. so maybe you should just wait some more until it is fixed..
    It's time to free yer Mind; It's time to cleanse yer Soul

Just burned his ISO

what is ur version kernel???
    i use 2.6.29 it works well for bcm 4312,but after upgrade kernel up to 2.6.30 it cant work...actually driver wl.ko have been load..

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by faicaem View Post
    what is ur version kernel???
    i use 2.6.29 it works well for bcm 4312,but after upgrade kernel up to 2.6.30 it cant work...actually driver wl.ko have been load..
    yeah...i feel same as u,after upgrade kernel to 2.6.30 my wifi cant work..but actually it active

Quote Originally Posted by faicaem View Post
    yeah...i feel same as u,after upgrade kernel to 2.6.30 my wifi cant work..but actually it active
    I think you've replied to your own post... ;-) If you are asking me my kernel version is 2.6.34-rc6.
    It's time to free yer Mind; It's time to cleanse yer Soul