Thread: Gateway LT2104U BT4Final, screen resolution problem.

Just burned his ISO

Default Gateway LT2104U BT4Final, screen resolution problem.

hello everyone, thanks in advance for any help

i own Gateway LT2104u netbook and dual booting ubuntu 9.10 nbr and bt4 final. my netbook uses intel atom 450, and 3100 series graphics adapter(Intel 950 i believe), native screen resolution is 1024*600. . everything works fine on both os , except one. my bt4 final display resolution stuck on 800x600. i did research for couple days now, tried different options(like editing xorg.conf file, replacing it, updating drivers, but so far the only option that worked is: using "fixvesa" command). i don't know what to do . prior to that i was getting error that i have no compatible displays. now have changed fonts size , and it looks better. but i still want to fix it, because display works just fine on ubuntu 9.10 nbr. if anyone had the same problem and knows solution or can provide working xorg.conf file, i will appreciate it. i am new to linux, so i ask you to be more detailed in solution if you have one. and if i did not enough research on this forum and you know links to threads that might help, it will be highly appreciated as well . thank you in advance once again..
    A

hey, hi again, i've been checking on my post, hoping to get answers. unfortunately noone responded. please guys, if you know how to, provide info. thank you.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 04-22-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Just burned his ISO PyrO_PrOfessOr's Avatar

Default Re: Gateway LT2104U BT4Final, screen resolution problem.

You said the "fixvesa" command works, would using that not be the best idea? You might also want to try downloading the latest BIOS and relevant ubuntu drivers for it to a pen drive to see if that helps.
    Intel Core i7 965 Extreme 3.2GHz @ 4.2GHz
    Custom Water Cooling
    Intel 80GB X25-M SSD
    6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz
    ATi Radeon 4870X2

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by PyrO_PrOfessOr View Post
    You said the "fixvesa" command works, would using that not be the best idea? You might also want to try downloading the latest BIOS and relevant ubuntu drivers for it to a pen drive to see if that helps.

yeeey,finally someone responded, thank you.))
    yes "fixvesa" works, but it only sets resolution on 800*600. and i want netbook's native resolution, which is 1024*600.

i will try bios upgrade, and i will keep you posted.

Just burned his ISO

I am having the exact same problem with the exact same netbook.

I have researched this topic quite a bit and i believe it is an issue with the intel graphics card drivers?

i have tried many of the fixes .. installing drivers and such but none of that worked for me.

the lspci readout tells me that it is a intel pineview integrated graphics controller

i have been working on this nonstop for a couple of days now. does anyone know how to fix this issue? and are the intel graphics drivers going to be updated in backtrack?

any help would be appreciated cheers !