Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Which card shall I buy" million dollar question....

Just burned his ISO

I purchased the 300mW Ubiquiti card last week and it's due to arrive today. I also picked up the small +2 dBi mmcx antennas for when I'm out and about.

I'm also looking at other antennas for inside use with this card but I'm not too sure about what to get. Anyone have recommendations?

Just burned his ISO

If going USB, try the ZyDAS ZD1211 802.11b/g chipset. This supports SoftAP out of the box and is the chipset used by AirPcap from CACE, the Windows WiFi sniffer. Full support from Zydas (now Atheros) for Linux driver. You get the best of both worlds IMHO. Aircrack, NGrep, Stumbler etc. all on Winbox.
    One example
    http://www.planex.net/product/wireless/gw-us54mini.htm More
    http://zd1211.ath.cx/wiki
    Few remaining PCMCIA w/external antenna connectors
    BUFFALO WLI-CB-G54HP WLI-CB-G54A WLI-CB-G54S
    PROXIM-ORINOCO Gold 8470-FC 8470-WD Silver 8471-WD (Do Not Buy the PROXIM-ORINOCO 8420-WD)

I'm going for the ubiquiti 300 Mw card.

Just to make clear, this card will be able to do all the important functions like injecting right? The ideal card so to speak

Is the 300mW Ubiquiti card still the best card you can buy if money isn't a problem?

hey!
    Im unsure which USB wireless is recommended here...Could someone repeart it?

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Default My two cents

I've been playing around with wireless auditing and various chipsets for sometime and thought I'd add my personal thoughts on this matter of "what is the best card to buy?"

There is no simple answer, and by far the best choice is to have a collection of cards at your disposal, selecting the best one for the task.

Here's my personal quiver of cards and their good points.

Orinoco Gold Classic - The original war drivers card. Has external mc connectors and is a beast for sniffing out, mapping and enumerating wireless signals. Not any good for injection though.

Netgear MA401 - Prism II chipset - The B network warrior. You can crack this puppy open and add an MC connection quite easily. Very reliable and stable chipset to work from. Nice card to have around.

Netgear WG511T - Atheros chipset - a nice all round ABG supperstar. This used to be my primary card for wireless auditing. Stable, quick, injects like a scotish smack addict (all day long) but no external connection.

Finally ASUS WL 167G - Ralink 2500 chipset (I think, definitely ralink) - Can't understand why this USB dongle isn't mentioned in the first post. Now my first choice under most circumstances. Highly stable, super fast injection, cracks WEP wide open in minutes. If you only have the dollar for one card, I'd highly recommend Ralink.

Message ends

Just burned his ISO

I just bought the D-Link DWL-G650 C4 (F/W Ver.: 4.30)
    It has got an atheros chip, great!

The card works great with Backtrack v2.0 FINAL, "just plug and play"! (out of the box...! ^^)

Some instruction if you want to use this card with Backtrack:
    1. First type in airmon-ng start wifi0 to activate the card with monitor mode and then use the card on ath1.
    2. Just download this nice script and use it: http://airoscript.aircrack-ng.org/

here is the prrof that it works ^^ :

BUT: The card has no option for an external antenna...
    (but its not so expensive )

...and like markds said: This is NOT to be confused with the DWL-G650+ which is a TI chip.

Don DC

Here is some video on this thread [link removed]

NOTE: Do not click on links like these, they load a page that requires installing a "codec" which is nothing other than a trojan...this goes specially to Windows users

Thumbs up ALFA Networks AWUS036H 500mw

I got one of these off of eBay has the realtek 8187 chipset. Works with everything I've tried in Backtrack 2.0 so far.
    A bit pricey compared with some other devices but the 500mw of power really makes a difference.

I’ve not made any exact measurements as yet but 1 bar signals on winxp for example have shot up to 4 bars and the amount of AP's it can see has doubled.

I was surprised how small it was as it looked chunky on the pictures only about 55 x 80 mm wide and 15mm thick ( at main body). It has an SMA connector so hope to test it out on a parabolic antenna soon. Only down side for me was the USB cable takes up 2 USB ports. But I guess it needs to do that for extra current to power the 500mw

Ebay Item # 290077228200

Just burned his ISO

Default Senao High Power USB Adaptor

what about : High Power (23dbm) 108Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter/EXT-NUB-362

its an Atheros USB adapter

did anybody try it? can it inject?

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast