Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Which card shall I buy" million dollar question....

Just burned his ISO

Hi all,

I just bought few days ago Asus WL-107G, and i didnt know that RT2500 crashes with Back|Track and now i am gonna bring it back to the shop i bought it.
    I dont wanna do same mistake again, so this time i want to be sure that i buy a card that works. I assume you folks here know lots about wifi stuff, so please tell my should i buy TP-Link TL-WN610G Wireless CardBus 108M it is Atheros AR2414 chipset card. I found this information from madwifi.com "Working fine with MadWiFi? driver. Test on Debian.". So if anyone has any experience about the following card, please tell me. Or if you know that it works with Back|Track (the only purpose that i am gonna buy it for) just tell me.
    Thats all what i could find from finland, and its pretty cheap also.

Regards,

mizaC

Just burned his ISO

Please help, im gonna buy the new card soon and i need some advice

"Working fine with MadWiFi? driver. Test on Debian"

This I believe means that its been tested to work on various versions of MadWifi (and should work for even MadWifi-ng). The tests were done on a Debian box.

So all things considered, you should be safe with this.

Personally, where I come from I'd go for all things D-Link. D-Link has this sweet 1-for-1 lifetime exchange policy and if the product is EOL, they give you the newer version of that product. I have a D-Link DWL-G650 C3 H/W 4.11 Atheros based card. This is NOT to be confused with the DWL-G650+ which is a TI chip.

The DWL-G650 does montoring and injection straight out of the box on B|T final.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by markds
    "Working fine with MadWiFi? driver. Test on Debian"

This I believe means that its been tested to work on various versions of MadWifi (and should work for even MadWifi-ng). The tests were done on a Debian box.

So all things considered, you should be safe with this.

Personally, where I come from I'd go for all things D-Link. D-Link has this sweet 1-for-1 lifetime exchange policy and if the product is EOL, they give you the newer version of that product. I have a D-Link DWL-G650 C3 H/W 4.11 Atheros based card. This is NOT to be confused with the DWL-G650+ which is a TI chip.

The DWL-G650 does montoring and injection straight out of the box on B|T final.
    Thank you very much for your input

I am gonna order that card and see if it works!

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the information markds

gonna buy the dwl-g650 card now

Just burned his ISO

I changed my mind to "DWL-G650 AirPlus Xtreme G" card too, i found cheap and 108Mbps cardbus pcmcia card.

I have the Asus A6T Laptop brand new.

Only I believe the internal wifi adapter is not usable with backtrack. When I look at it, it says ASUS 802.11g Network adaptor

Broadcom Corporation
    Version: 3.100.64.0 built by WinDDK

I looked into the readme and it says no.

Now this topic is already usefull, but it would be really usefull if somebody with the same laptop can tell me which card is good to use with Backtrack, aircrack, kismet etc etc

Thanks in advance!

ps this is what asus says about my port:

1 x Type II PCMCIA 2.1 compliant

and it would be nice to have A,B and G but only B and G is also nice.

Last but not least, how big is the difference if you can attach an external antenna to it?

Just burned his ISO

After reading lots of different recommendations I went and bought the Dlink G650 (C3). As it's been said, it worked straight out of the box. There were some hurdles, but they were human errors.

Somethings I've learned (that might help others just starting out):

- Do not run Kismet or airodump without locking the channel (while trying to inject). If those two programs are busy channel hopping then your injection will be dreadfully slow.

- Power is everything. By that, the better the reception/power (as seen in airodump) the faster injection will occur. I've recieved decent injection rates of around 200 IVs per second from routers with a power rating as low as 8. Less than this it's very choppy.

- I use airodump to check for clients (for fake authentication) rather than Kismet. Kismet does list a routers connected clients, but they never seem to work. Using the clients listed in airodump works everytime. Without a real client, my attempts at fake authentication fail.

Hope this helps someone. I'm now off to buy me one of those fancy Ubiquiti cards...

Just burned his ISO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity
    I found an NEC WarpStar once, which has an external connector, but I never did find out the type of connector it has. Also, I’m not entirely sure the external antenna option works for “a” as well. It may only be for the “b” & “g” modes.
    ?!
    the conector type is MS-147,and u can find ms-147 to SMA adaptater still another SMA-TO-RP-SMA adaptator,u can attatch to the general RP-SMA antenna

Just burned his ISO

Default DWL-G122 v. B1 VS WUSB54G v. 4

Anyone use both of these cards with Back Track, Aircrack etc ?

How do they compare for Sensitivity ?

I have the chance to purchase1 or 2 of these (new in box).

Currently, I use a DWL-G122 B. I am setting up a few more computers and can't decide if I want to stick with the D-link or try out thr Linksys.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast