Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: The "Which card shall I buy" million dollar question....

Just burned his ISO

Ok I'm kinda stuck here and yes I am a noob. I have 2 bcm4318 wireless cards ones a minipci inside my compaq M2000 laptop and the other is in a minipci in a pci card for a desktop, I also own a Cisco Aironet AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 pcmcia card.

This is my problem. The broadcom cards will monitor without any problems but within BT2 or bt3 I have had no luck getting the cisco to do anything other than just surf the internet.

could anyone point me in the right direction to getting at least one of these cards to work like I want them to? thanks

Default is my wireless card compatible???

Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - this is the device thats installed inside my dell XPS M1330...will this be ok or will i need to buy an external one?

thanks

ak

locovagra: what does lspci show for the cisco aironet device? if it shows as aironet, chances are you can't inject because there's no real injection support for it. It was noted on the wiki except with a slight possibilty of using an unreleased version of airjack specifically made for it.

bcm4318 should work great without too much hassles

overheat: that is supported, use the search function button next time.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by overheat View Post
    Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - this is the device thats installed inside my dell XPS M1330...will this be ok or will i need to buy an external one?

thanks

ak
    i have the 3945 and in bt3 needed a patch in bt4 its ok by default so i assume yours will be the same just search for more info

Just burned his ISO

is the tp-link wn422g compatible with BT and aircrack?

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Default First question

Hi guys,
    I am not a newbie, but was away from BT from quite a while
    I used BT in 2006 to break WEP with some Netgear W54g (version 2) card which is not available in the market.

Finally I am jumping from BT1 to BT3 and looking buy this card "www-amazon-co-uk/product-reviews/B000WXSO76/ref=pd_cp_ce_0_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoint s=1"

Its rated very good for BT3, but I came across to another one which is www-amazon-co-uk/Wireless-Original-Alfa-9dBi-Strongest/dp/B001O9X9EU/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Now I am little confuse here and thinking which one should be more powerful and compatible with BT3? 1000mW or 500mW ?

Sorry for asking a silly question.

Just burned his ISO

I just got myself a new wireless card, as my old system finally kicked the bucket. The problem is, I'm running a lenovo g550 and it has a whitelist is cmos that refuses a boot with any card but the "authorized" miniPCI express devices.

I lucked out getting such a nice card for free (intel based chipset that supports monitor), but I can't find any up to date workarounds. Only stuff back from when Lenovo was IBM.

Is this a serious problem that will force me to buy another card on the Lenovo whitelist, or is there a workaround that will allow me to get something snappy to use as an internal card, and I'm still free to use any PCMIA cards I so choose?

Edit: The computer has an interesting port, about half as wide as a PCMIA slot, but sadly no true PCMIA support. So I went with the Alpha 500mW USB card that has received so much praise in this thread.

As a side note, Lenovo doesn't seem to directly sell alternate miniPCI express cards, and there is no up to date information on the bios whitelist.

To ask another question, what are good resources about small parabolic antennas? I'm intrigued at the possibilities they open up, but don't want a dish that can only have a one way conversation over large distances.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829