Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: The "Which card shall I buy" million dollar question....

Just burned his ISO

What usb WIRELESS adapters would you recommend? about under thirty with shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by pwn5tar View Post
    What usb adapters would you recommend? about under thirty with shipping.
    hi i would suggest a kingston data traveler 100. an 8gig kingston is available from your local Staples for £14.99. plus if you spend more then £15 you get another 1gig stick for £3.00. i just got a bar of chocolate too. the total cost for 9gig of memory and a bar of chocolate was £18.48. no shipping and for less than £20. so you can even goto the pub for a pint and have a bag of chips on your way home and still have change from your £30. it even comes with a five year warrenty and some guy machine washed one of these and it still worked. this is what i use and its great.

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...8GB&referid=28

give your local staples a ring and find out if its still available on offer. let me know if it is i think ill get another one before they all go.even if hey are not still on offer the 8gig kingston is normally around £20 anyway so you will probably still get the extra 1gig stick too.
    I'm smart because I think smart and I think smart because I dress smart thats why I LIKE ME !!!

Just burned his ISO

i ment wireless usb adapater. which one would you reccomoend? under 30 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by pwn5tar View Post
    i ment wireless usb adapater. which one would you reccomoend? under 30 dollars
    oh ok sorry in that case staples also does these

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog...affixedcode=WW

i had one of these when i used sky broadband. it worked well but couldnt comment on comparison to others as it is the only one ive used. they are available i believe for £19.99 in some stores (you would have to shop around). Maplin also have some great deals on networking.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...ards%20-%20USB

also if you discover one you want try looking on ebay to see if you can get it cheaper. unless you dont like to wait for delivery
    I'm smart because I think smart and I think smart because I dress smart thats why I LIKE ME !!!

Just burned his ISO

Hello,
    the posts in this thread are really helpfull, but the most of them are old.

Now, which is the really best and full (Backtrack3) supported USB wlan adapter with an antenna-terminal , i shall by for wlan hacking?

wow i havnt been here for a while!!!! i lost my bt3 usb stick. found it now though i was in the washing machine. (and it still works)

any how in my personal opinion i would go for an orinoco gold card. im not sure if orinoco do usb but these are amazing cards. and with an antenna of your choice you can get some excellent range with high signals. but i suppose it depends if you want to wardrive or sit at home. either way have a look here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...296%26_fvi%3D1

and maybe search google or altavista to see if there is a usb version.

there are some antennas in that store that have 10km range

just a thought

hope it helps

Question Should i?

Recently i have been tempted to buy a yagi antenna as i wanted to do some long range stuff from my mums house to my dads (around 2 miles). I have been looking at some options on ebay but i was unsure as ive never used one before and want to be sure before i go spending £40 or £50 on one. Could anyone give me their suggestions as to what i should look for and what to steer clear of.

P.S heres what i have looked at on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...id=p2759.l1259

http://cgi.ebay.de/Aktiv-USB-Stick-A...742.m153.l1262

and also this but i was unsure if the chipset supported injection it uses the ZyDAS 1211 chipset

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160278746908

Many thanks Xirtam
    Think outside the box

I use newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833164015&Tpk=hwug1

im still within my 30 day refund, should I get a new one or keep this one? Id like an internal one, but I dont know what would fit in my acer aspire5900, or what would work with aircrack that would fit..

I guess ill be stuck with an external.

So should I stick with the hawking one or can I get better?

Ok my turn. I'm looking for up-to-date opinions on USB Wireless. I know a lot of people will say Alfa AWUS036H. However, I'm looking for USB Wireless "Key" type options (not storage but that type of form factor..let me know if I'm being unclear).

Also (though less importantly) I'm looking for input on PCMCIA Wired Ethernet adaptors as well, nothing fancy just 10/100 with good out of the box Backtrack/Linux compatability.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Ok my turn. I'm looking for up-to-date opinions on USB Wireless. I know a lot of people will say Alfa AWUS036H. However, I'm looking for USB Wireless "Key" type options (not storage but that type of form factor..let me know if I'm being unclear).

Also (though less importantly) I'm looking for input on PCMCIA Wired Ethernet adaptors as well, nothing fancy just 10/100 with good out of the box Backtrack/Linux compatability.
    "key" type options-Does this mean the shape of the USB adapter your are referring to?

As for pcmcia wired ethernet cards I've never had a problem with any 3Com cards. I'll post a few of the models I have.
    3CCFE574BT
    3CXFE575CT
    Those both have the x-jack so they call it, a little more compact but easy to break the rj45 connector to it.
    I have another with a external cord that you plug into it but right now I have seemed to misplace it. If you want the serial on that I'll gladly send it to you when I find it.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast