Thread: Roku box.

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Roku box.

So im not sure if this issue has been covered or not but here goes. I was notified that windows seven cannot be de-authenticated when trying to capture a handshake. I Dont know if this is true or not but in the hundreds of tries in trying to capture a handshake to crack my wpa2 were un succcesful. so i Realized that the roku box i have has to connect to my wireless whic means it has to authenticate with the wireless router. so i ran aireplay --deauth on my roku box after about 10 min of trying to deauth it worked! so just incase nobody knew Roku Boxes are defiantly a good way to capture handshakes if you are having trouble.

Default Re: Roku box.

Haven't had any trouble deauth'ing my Windows 7 Professional install.
    proud user of backtrack-ng and aircrack-linux

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong here, but from my knowledge, wireless communication protocols (WEP/WPA/WPA2/CCMP/AES/etc.) is completely independent from OS, 7 or not..
    The only protocols OS/app. dependent will be TCP/IP sub-protocols (in ex.: encrypted before sending via TCP/IP).
    To better understand this, imagine "data" is small package, which will fit in "WPA", a bigger package. The router/wifi card, will unpack the "WPA" package, and only send the "data" package.

@skor78: You could have used a better analogy, like comparing WPA to some chains and a lock, instead of a package.

@OP: Here I can de-authenticate w7 machines like any other machine. Are you close enough to the w7 computer? Also, have you tried airdrop-ng?

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    @skor78: You could have used a better analogy, like comparing WPA to some chains and a lock, instead of a package.
    lol. Maybe a bigger package with chain and locks..
    Sorry, It's my MPLS training kicking in.. The quickest way for me to understood it, was a HUGE package with many tiny boxes inside (lmao)..

The internet is a series of tubes.....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The internet is a series of tubes.....
    Just like water..
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69
    hahahahahaha, to bad we don't have Wal-Mart in Portugal.. I'd definitely try this!

Sorry for the huge off-topic, btw.

Just burned his ISO

I have not been able to deauth windows 7 no matter how i try i have tried on three different computers and all it does it disconnect the computer from the internet and disables the wireless connection and i have to restart the windows 7 machine.