Thread: Meterpreter: Reverse_TCP

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Meterpreter: Reverse_TCP

Meterpreter: Reverse_TCP

I understand that Reverse_TCP generally uses port 4444/4445 by default, and only affects Windows XP (Correct me if I'm wrong). What I am wondering is if it is possible to take control of someone's computer that is truly remote, I.E. completely off of the internal network (Lan/Wan).. say a friends computer via their public IP Address? (We're both on vaca and forgot to bring our homework we need to do.) He is using Windows Vista SP1 currently, but every time I try and Reverse_TCP it, I get an exploit failed when it states it should work on Vista SP1.

If it is possible to do that, and we know his external IP Address, does the RPORT have to be open or does Reverse_TCP already check for that and attempt to fix it if it isn't? If the RPORT has to be open, are we able to NMAP his home pc (I presume this is possible) for open ports and set it to the RPORT, thus providing us with our open port that is a pre-req?

On a side note, is there a way for NMAP to scan for "STEALTHED" ports?

Good friend of the forums espreto's Avatar

Default Re: Meterpreter: Reverse_TCP

Reverse_tcp also works with Windows Vista, and 7 others (Windows family).
    See this link at the beginning of the article shows something. Read about port fowarding too!

Linux: Metasploit Exploitation [Artigo]

Regards,
    (gdb) disass m(y_br)ain

®

First of all ... I don't think that you want to learn how to do that just to get your homework. Make that "friend" of yours who you want to connect to via remote_tcp email you the homework.
    If you say that reverse_tcp affects only Windows XP you really have some reading to do.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    First of all ... I don't think that you want to learn how to do that just to get your homework. Make that "friend" of yours who you want to connect to via remote_tcp email you the homework.
    If you say that reverse_tcp affects only Windows XP you really have some reading to do.
    He is here with me, so he can't email it. Everyone else asks for help, and tehy get it. I have a legitimate reason to ask, and I get no assistance? I am not trying to argue, just trying to get some assistance.

You're right, I want to fail a project I have been working on all semester because I didn't bring it with me. Now, onto the educational part, since I am trying to learn how to do something, when I pull up the info for Reverse_TCP on the net, it only shows Windows XP and from Google'ing every way I can think of, nothing is pulled up for Vista.

I guess this might be a lost cause. If it is, help me figure out what to Google so I can go find it on my own. I tried to search the threads, but every time it brought up a syntax command that the site wasn't passing information properly. So, that yielded few results.

You can pick any arbitrary port you want to listen for that reverse tcp connection. It is possible to take control over someone's computer that is remote (ie. different subnet, external to your firewall, them inside their own firewall as well). You should know that this is possible.

Your excuse is retarded. We're not idiots. We don't condone illegal activity. Judging by the terms you are using you have no idea what you're talking about, and I would suggest learning from the ground up about networking and the tools you are attempting to use.
    Last edited by Liuser; 05-29-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

We do not condone illegal activities here.
    I suggest you read and follow the rules you agreed to uphold.
    Furthermore no one believes your story.