Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating an encrypted VMware 'real' install of Back | Track 3

Lightbulb Creating an encrypted VMware 'real' install of Back | Track 3

Hello,

I have created a tutorial today primarily for all the folks here on the remote-offensive forums. I hope someone finds interest in this.

I appreciate constructive criticism of my work.
    (although go lightly, this is my first ever time using video editing tools )

Thanks folks,
    Ecsployt

http://blip.tv/file/612127

nice job
    btw good password
    and i am just curious
    what about the performance?

now thats no offence but whats the sense of doing that?
    in other words how did that come to your mind

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by r0v0s View Post
    nice job
    btw good password
    and i am just curious
    what about the performance?

now thats no offence but whats the sense of doing that?
    in other words how did that come to your mind
    Because he probably lives in Germany and he doesn't want anyone to be able to read the CD.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Ironic you spelled stupid wrong

Thanks for the punkrock blast from the past. I remember when those songs came out. I saw Fugazi on their first tour in like '88.

Hey Ecsployt,
    Great work with the Video and I think it will be helpfull to a lot of people.

I'd just like to add my 2c, that you may want to add a script that wipes all records from VMWare Workstation {IIRC is all stored in the reg but I may be wrong} of the .vmware location which could reveal information cause somebody to look future into what the Z: drive is.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
    Nah I don't live in Germany..there's just a lot of terrorists and theifs in this world.. you gotta protect your work ;P

Performance is undented. It's just as good. I have the password rigged up to a key file. It gives protection against bruteforce techniques..look into it.

You seen Fugazi pureh@te?!?! Wow. I'm pretty jealous.

BOFH139 - That's a cool idea. I have Window Washer - it manages to find about every other program on my computer to wash except for VMware.. I have books on C here, i wonder that i will really be able to 'learn C in 21 days' lol. If I do, that's the first thing I will do. If you beat me to it then please share!

Developer

Code:
    I work in Live sound as a sound engineer. I've seen almost everyone at least once and some bands like 73 times in a row.

Funny you say 'sound engineer'
    ..it's something I have been considering very much in doing at college full time. But its a tough one, as I also have a Networking course that i want to do. Depending on which route I take.. I could go down two very different paths. I just want to make sure that in 4 years time when I get a degree from Uni (after going into 3rd yr anfter 2 successfull years in colege) that I have job opportunities and a decent salary.

Not sure if mixing a hobby in with work would be a good idea.. I don't want to go blind in the future from looking at a screen 16 hours a day.. would probably rather go deaf listening to music and stuff everyday lol..

Quote Originally Posted by ecsployt View Post
    That makes both of us lol, I seriously love Fugazi especially 'The Waiting Room' which was also covered by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. pureh@te, sounds like you have an excellent job, I know a few sound engineers myself and they do meet a LOT of bands. Do you work in N.Y? If so within the next 2 years you will probably meet me We shall be playing in the 'Downtown Bar', my band played there back in 2004 and looks like we are going back ...cant wait!

Developer

I'll be honest with you guys almost every part of the gear I use nowadays is digital and computerized. Its one of the reasons I'm good at this and that. Networking is starting to play a very important part in live sound. I used to be on the road all the time but now I'm married w/ a child so I stay home and work mostly in the theater doing broadway shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast