Hello there,

As many posting in this forum, I'm new to BackTrack. I'm using another version of Linux which comes packaged with Grub2 as its bootloader. No, I do not wish to dump it for Grub Legacy. I'm trying to find out what I need to do to load BackTrack 4 via Grub2. Here's my grub.cfg entry:
Code:
menuentry "Linux BT (/dev/sda7)" {
	insmod ext2
	set root=(hd0,7)
	search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 5d7b3aa8-f5ee-46fe-8552-74461364e061
	linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.30.9 root=UUID=17dc73e0-6a15-4485-81ca-905eb4525084 ro vga=0x317 acpi_osi=Linux
	initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.30.9
}
This code was mostly generated by the terminal command "update-grub." The only change I added was to the entry name and I added an extra command for boot, "acpi_osi=Linux."

However, upon booting the entry, BT4 freezes with an error message mentioning I did not have video resources necessary for standard GUI graphics (which I know is not true, since I launched the LiveCD). In addition, my mouse and mousepad (I'm using a laptop) were not functional. There were multiple failures during startup suggesting failure to load or mount certain files. I didn't think about writing any of them down since I was more interested in determining if the boot would work.

My question... Does anyone know how to boot BT4 via Grub2? One method I thought of was to load BT4's GRUB Legacy bootloader through GRUB2. Yet I have no idea how to accomplish this and also didn't find any revealing material via a google search.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.