Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to use Back|Track!

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeast View Post
    This thread must be outdated. I do not have yakuake. How can I get it in BT2?

What gave you the idea that this threads outdated? Maybe the fact that this thread was started from over a year ago perhaps?? And they were using BT1 or possibly even BT2 BETA???

04-02-2006, 07:52 PM

Go to

and "search" yakuake, if you really want it.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

if you cant log into backtrack via root/toor... one (of many) things could be..

1. you're lost
    2. you probably didn't burn your image to your disc (dvd) slow enough, sometimes when you put your dvd burner (like dvd decrypter/nero) in super fast high speed faster than star-wars mode, it will miss something and you wil have too-many problems, if this happens just put it in the slowest mode possible and re-do it.

3. the other thing that could have happened is that you downloaded a file wrong/ or it somehow ended up corrupt.

just try re-downloading it then re-burning the image to a dvd slowly...
    dont worry it'll all be ok

oh and sometimes the downloads from RE.org dont work, or at least i know from experience that one of them doesnt

NEVER use a DVD-R DVD+R DVD-RW DVD+RW DVD-RAM CD-RW or anything other than a CD-R
    ONLY download from the links on this page NOWHERE ELSE They ALL WORK
    DO NOT use a download manager
    Check the MD5 of the iso matches the one on the download page.
    Burn using Imgburn at 2x speed

Quote Originally Posted by ZaTch View Post
    oh and sometimes the downloads from RE.org dont work, or at least i know from experience that one of them doesnt
    Well given your location: "Location: in the tundra of alaska", it is plausable that downloads from anysite may not work :|

PLEASE do not put out disinformation because your desolate 56k connection sucks.

+ as balding_parrot pointed out fundamentally: NEVER download from an untrusted/non-official source.

EDIT: ZaTech - t might be better fitting to resign up to the forums with the name "Packet_Lo$$"
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Just noticed this post begins with the guy saying you should see bt3 at startup How come he's had it since march 2006 lol

Junior Member imported_spudgunman's Avatar

bt3 was the code name of the whax "next-gen" or something, I remember back in the day they were calling sudo version 2 the "version 3" (since it was the 3rd copy of the whax code) it is in no relation to the current 2007 copy but then BT quickly became a branch distro and went v2 and whax was gone. (if i remember correctly)

Just burned his ISO

NIce thread. This thread help us a lot.
    Backtrack enriched my life by by equipped myself with fantastic hacking skills i have ever know before.

Default /etc/profile settings for yakuake

how do i make the settings from /etc/profile load with yakuake automatically? I can't even get it to work when running /etc/profile with sh from within yakuake, whats the deal?

Just burned his ISO

Hello, I installed BT on my harddrive, but i can't get my apps to start automatically. When I try to go to /root/.kde/Autostart, i receive a message "
    bash: cd: /root/.kde/Autostart: No such file or directory
    also, i wandered how to stop other apps from starting. For example Resize and Rotate starts twice. Can I set it to start only once? Thanks in advice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345