Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to use Back|Track!

You could probably learn a lot from this website :

http://www.grape-info.com/doc/linux/

not just for security but also for other aspects of basic linux running. The section on the security has been upgraded so the WEP cracking and WPA cracking are not ready yet, but previously for the older versions of aircrack they had a very good, easy to understand tutorial section. Some of the stuff is old, but the basic principles are still there.
    ...ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will...five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain and a hundred percent reason to remember the name...

Just burned his ISO

Default Great Post

As a new user to both Linux and Backtrack this post was both exceptional as far as the usefullness of the commands and the explanations behind them. I would recommend that this be placed at the front of the forum.

KUDOS!

parker

Unhappy Backtrack-v_1.1.0-260506 give Error

Hello Every Body Please Help me. I have download Backtrack-v_1.1.0-260506.iso and when i am run it in Vmware it give a error that is : -
    isolinux 3.07 2005-01-12 copyright (c) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
    could not find kernel image: linux
    boot:_

Please help me to solve this problem becoz i am download this iso two times and it gives same error.
    Please give me a solution.........

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Are you using VMware Player or another version??
    Player using ISO's TUT:
    http://www.virtualization.info/2005/...e-livecds.html

Unhappy

hi

i have a problem with backtrack and the problem is a bit strange in as sences that when i boot B|T on my PC it works fine, i just type "startx" and bingo the B|T tone comes up and everything is good to go. but when i boot B|T on my brother's laptop it boots up and i enter the username and password and type "startx or gui" and it loads up to the screen before the hand comes and it remains that way. And yes i left it like that for 15-20minutes but nothing happened.

the laptop is IBM http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/IBMN109T

this is also happens when i bootup auditor CD.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks a million !!! Keep up more useful tutorials coming up

Just burned his ISO

Default Crikey....

This post is as explosively shocking as a manta ray stinger to the heart, though FAR more useful, informative, and certainly less lethal.
    Or, in other words:
    "BUMP"
    Thanks for taking the time to spell this stuff out for us n00b5, as this keeps us from gettin pwn3d when we ask previously answered questions. I'm'a STFU now.
    Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Question

Fab tutorial.
    I run BT in Vmware under Windows. When I start xwindows (either flux or kde) I always it resized to a 640x480 screen. The ScreenSize and Rotate programme never runs when I click on it.

Any clues?

xatar

Default screensize issues

I've found that the best way to run BT under VM, is to install the VM tools.

There is a module on www.slax.org that you can insert into the liveCD and burn it again. Then use that new copy of the CD to install to the VM HDD.

This gets rid of all problems with screen size and also the multi keystrokes!

later,

linuxbeast

This thread must be outdated. I do not have yakuake. How can I get it in BT2?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast