Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: complete hack video

xatar

what structure7 means, is that when you follow the link through to putfile, the video should start playing (if you have the correct flash plugins for your browser), under the video is a drop down box, choose the 800 option.

It should also work from rapidshare link, you will need to choose the free download option, then wait a few seconds for the link to become available. you can then right click on it and choose to 'save target as' and save it to your own drive.

If you don't know how to open a XXX.swf file in a web browser, then you will need to take your computer back to the shop you got it!!!!!

If anyone has any questions about the attacks and tools, just post them here and someone will answer them.

What I was trying to do is pull together in a sequence some of the tools you 'may' use in exploiting a system. I'll post more in the upcoming months.

l8r,

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Comments on Your Hack Video

Hey there,
    I enjoyed your video...but must add my 2cents.

(1) why would you start a TFTP server ??

Metasploit has SSL suppport (if you installed it) and Meterpreter has a crypto xor cipher. Use -m Fs is perfectly fine to transfer files without all that unencrypted mumbo jumbo extra work.

(2) why would you use netcat instead of cryptcat or something else ??

I know you are just showing a lab hack...but in the real world this is very risky since everything you are doing is unencrypted over the network.

On a side note here is an old meterpreter video i just uploaded today for you to see that shows the Fs module.

http://www.dankgreenchile.com/backtr...eterpreter.zip

what do you think ?

xatar

Default good vid

hi,

yeah, point taken on the extra functionality of the meterpreter. It is a fantastic payload and allows lots of different actions.

I recommend everyone read the meterpreter paper available from metasploit.

As you say, all I was trying to do was show a series of steps to exploit a machine. I agree 100% about cryptcat, I use that instead of netcat in my pen tests for the exact reason you say, confidentiality!

I'll do a video on the useage of cryptcat too.

good video though! like it.

l8r,

Great video xatar and darkgreenchile.

I've seen a few hacking videos now, mostly from irongeek and crimemachine...

I can't get enought of these though, if anyone knows of any more please post! It is so easy to learn a wider breadth of tools via these videos

Too bad none of the videos actually cover a hack against a secure system. That hack seems almost too easy and too good to be true. Id say the target pc was setup for it. If you really want to post a hacking video, do it against something that takes a real hacker to hack and i think we will have something very interesting to watch.
    \|,,,,,,,,,,,\|/,,,,,,,,,,,,|/
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-
    /|''''''''''''''''`/|\'''''''''''''''''''|\

xatar

I'm not trying to prove myself, I'm trying to educate others.

I don't feel as if I need to prove myself. If you feel that you do, by all means post your own video. Otherwise, shut the f*ck up!

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down To TheGreatVirus

I have actual hack videos that would rock your mind, but do you think i would release anything that would incriminate me? DOUBT IT. who would post a video of themselves committing a crime ?? you first and you can barter for some of mine.

Hahaha, ah yes hobz was right. I was not trying to insult you, but I was actually attempting to get people into the idea of making videos with more of a real world sence as opposed to a simple example. Which is also something I argue in my schooling as well. They teach us with examples that are very far from something that would normally happen in real life. I was just hoping to see more videos or papers with a better example I suppose is the best way to word it. I apologize if I insulted you xatar.
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-

Quote Originally Posted by dankgreenchile
    I have actual hack videos that would rock your mind, but do you think i would release anything that would incriminate me? DOUBT IT. who would post a video of themselves committing a crime ?? you first and you can barter for some of mine.

Again It was a mistake on my part I failed to make myself clear. See the post above. Sorry.
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-

Default Children, please...

While TGV made his point bluntly, it was a good point. This particular video may be a good introduction for beginners, this is hardly a complex hack. If you have hacked something more difficult (preferably legally), why not make a video or write an article covering it?

See, I think that's a neat idea.
    ---
    Useful HowTo Threads <-- Why do people think I'm joking when I link this?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast