Thread: Derive personal information from just a Username - Maltego?

Just burned his ISO

Default Derive personal information from just a Username - Maltego?

I am a student Private Investigator, and have recently been given this task. Our client gave us a username. For example JohnCubs2009 and a possible domain name, place of work, and first name.

He wants us to find out who the person is. I think this is typical of the kind of information we tend to get in these types of cases (cheating spouse, online dating, etc.), so I am trying to "cut my teeth" on this case.

Here is the work I've done so far. Would Maltego be a good tool to use? Please feel free to reply or PM with any tips or advice.

- Google search for the username returns lots of links to dating / singles sites (AFF and whatnot) with the username, gender and same age.

- Searching for that user name in Yahoo! profiles nets a result that matches gender and is close on age (a few years younger). Perhaps Yahoo! doesn't automatically update birthdays. I will check that.

- Searching Namechk nets results for LiveJournal and Bebo. Subsequent search of LiveJournal says user does not exist. I still have to investigate Bebo.

The suspect possibly works for a media company, so if I ever get ahold of some REAL information, I'm sure I'll find a blog or some online content.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Derive personal information from just a Username - Maltego?

This has nothing to do with BT. What's more if you are paying for the above education then you should get your money back.
    Your teacher/prof. should have taught you what you are asking.