Hi guys,

First up, I want to thank the members of the BT4 forums, especially the moderators. I am grateful for your time and knowledge that you freely share with the community and I will endeavor to follow suit as best as I can.

For a Back|Track 4 RC1 fresh install, the HP Pavilion dv6 (dv6-2064ca) will not boot without the following boot options being put forward in grub:
"noapic irqpoll noirqdebug"

IF you want better resolution without installing ATI's newer binary blob driver THEN append:
"vga=0x323 noapic irqpoll noirqdebug"

Wifi works out of the box and injects well. Here are the specs of the machine for the forum's search to grab:
Processor: 2.60 GHz AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor M640
Installed Memory:
4096MB
Video Card:
ATI Mobility HD 4650 (M96) (with 1024MB dedicated)

Once you are up and testing, you will notice this system will only recognize 3.5G of memory. If I was to guess, I believe would be due to the kernel being 32bit and perhaps the "noapic" call you made in grub earlier. I presently do not know yet, but if someone needs that extra 500M of memory, someone in the forums may be able to help you. I am available via the forums should anyone need clarification or help in any way. (Good Karma from Canada...)

Should anyone need further questions, just drop me a line and I'll test it.

Good health to you and yours,
Animus