Thread: File path Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default File path Problems

Hi all i have a small problem and as this site has allready supplied me with great answers and resource i thought of no one better to ask for help / advice.

I have followed all steps in the how 2 guides anad as long as my dictionary file is on the root it goes well.

My problem is that i am runnig a live dvd for backtrack 4 final. I have got my .cap file and the dictionary file i want to use is too large to copy . Its on my external 20 2.5in drive.

its should in my mind be as simple as typing the address as showen in the addres bar - system:/media/sdb1/all.lst - didnt work
    also tried the following
    /media/mobile 19gb-1/all.lst - didnt work
    /mnt/mobile 19gb-1/all.lst - didnt work
    /media/sdb1/all.lst - didnt work
    /mnt/sbd1/all.lst - didnt work

when i check the file location using find / - name it shows the location as /media/mobile 19gb-1/all/lst how ever as above shows it isnt working.

the drive is showing as mounted and is set to auto mount. as alot of dictionary files are big there must be a way of correctly setting the path to a external drive. I just dont seam to be able to find it. any and all help is greatly appreachated

Default Re: File path Problems

That is exactly why I don't use auto mounting facilities in Linux. Although you can most likely work around the problems you are having by quoting your full path file names, I recommend that you mount via the command line instead, and avoid paths with spaces in them. See the following:

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...drives-bt.html
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.