Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AWUS036H connected to ap but web surfing not working

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: AWUS036H connected to ap but web surfing not working

I have Alpha AWUS036H wireless card. I use Karmic Koala 9.10. The problem is that card stops working properly in a minute or so (can't surfe for example). I seem to be connected but I can't surf. It must be a driver problem. The connection strength is good, and much less powerful cards work fine with my wireless router.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/455354

Just burned his ISO

hey i have a new alfa awus036h, just got it yesterday, i tried to connect and everthing, i opened up wicd manager and tried to connect to my access point, after saying validating authentication it then says not connected. I have the right wep key and everthing, aswell as this normally on my windows vista when i use alfa the light on the dongle is on which is green but when on backtrack there is no light, can someone help me with this i been searching for two days but havent found any solutions

Just burned his ISO

I've been trying to do a little research on this, and here's a few points:

1. The title of this post is very common, i.e. injection tests and crack works like wonders, but web surfing performance is terrible.
    2. Different drivers, not just the actual card driver, but also maybe the rest of the wireless drivers and kernel version make a difference.
    3. In my experience, the iwconfig tx power commands make no difference, even though subsequent iwlist commands return changed values. sometime iwconfig rate is accepted but makes no change.
    see my post at http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?topic=9793.0 for details on the tests I made to prove that txpower on my system makes no changes.

ertye, that is a very good point. and yes the cable that comes in the box doesn't look exactly lossless. this would point towards concluding that lowering txpower is a good thing, contrary to what everybody seems to try, which is thinking that it is a lack of power that is the problem.
    In my experience, the power available at the USB ports varies greatly depending on the board.

I am beginning to wonder that maybe injection works because the packets are small.

martha, solitary, what kernel/driver versions are you using when you got txpower command to make a real difference?

You can try the other encryptions WEP options, like shared, etc. Try it, it will work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123