Thread: Adding modules to BackTrack - Video Tutorial (IronGeek)

Default Adding modules to BackTrack - Video Tutorial (IronGeek)

Just burned his ISO

IronGeek always brings some good to the table!

Just burned his ISO

Default Adding modules to BackTrack - Video Tutorial (IronGeek)

Hello all

As I am new to BackTrack and Slackware, I am looking for some info on adding modules to BrackTrack ISO's (without using Windows).

Note: I don't use Windows (except at work) and I currently run BackTrack on Vmware (SUSE).

Any comments or help on adding modules to BackTrack ISOs would be appreciated while/until I (hopefully) get up to speed on the subject.

TIA
    James

The make_iso.sh script is what you want I belive. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Just burned his ISO

Default Adding module

Quote Originally Posted by jpearson
    Hello all

As I am new to BackTrack and Slackware, I am looking for some info on adding modules to BrackTrack ISO's (without using Windows).

Note: I don't use Windows (except at work) and I currently run BackTrack on Vmware (SUSE).

Any comments or help on adding modules to BackTrack ISOs would be appreciated while/until I (hopefully) get up to speed on the subject.

TIA
    James
    If you are running suse and have vmware running as well you should not have any problems adding a module. But I do believe that it would be best if you were to mount the backtrak image and copy the module you want to add into the modules dir of the image. This will add module every time you boot the image. Put it in t Optional dir of the image if you not want it loaded up at boot.

The other way to do this and edit the actual release and add and remove as you see fit would be loading up with vmware and doing a mo2dir to and dir2mo or buy remiving the mo you want and adding the one you want. If I am not mistaken this should work. I havent tried it but the theroy sounds good to me.