Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Sniffing Tutorial:

As in autopwn'ing? Theoretically, if you set up your network right and aren't running from a Virtual Machine, it should work.

-Stephen

No as i told you.I am having a cisco 1700 connected to a firewall box for user authentication purpose.It was working well with juniper but since i connect the cisco for leased line.Its not working anymore.

have yous guys any idea why my other laptop running XP that am trying to sniff wont show up on the hosts list, only the router does ?

Quote Originally Posted by Si2006 View Post
    have yous guys any idea why wont my other laptop running XP that am trying to sniff wont show up on the hosts list, only the router does ?
    Because your on a switched network?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I don't know.

But here's quite a few articles discussing the matter.

http://news.google.com/archivesearch...sewer&ie=UTF-8

Granted, this kind of thing only works with larger sewer pipes, as it wouldn't be wise to run fiber down an 8" pipe where the pipe could potentially be full a good part of the time.

Plus, I think most of the discussion is using storm sewers and not sanitary sewers.

Come to think of it, running internet traffic through the sewers adds a whole new dimension to sniffing traffic.
    Only just caught up on this thread.........

The discussion of sewage piping - does this mean that most search results will come back to you faster, seeing as how you'll be closer to the source??

Seriously though, I read an article a while ago which discussed the possibilities of running wifi links through gas mains.
    Initially the idea seemed a little scary! But, on reflection I suppose that for the main part, a sealed antenna would be all that's actually "in" the pipes?

It was a company called Nethercom, based in San Diego, that were researching the idea.
    I don't know if anything ever came of it........anyone else read about it?

Edit:
    Here's some of the original articles:
    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-5945204.html
    http://news.soft32.com/a-new-technol...pipes_454.html
    http://news.cnet.co.uk/networking/0,...9194075,00.htm

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Because your on a switched network?
    No just a BT HomeHub wireless router with default settings.

Default Ettercap LAGG

ok i'm really new to the ettercap , i have had succes implementing different type of filters and capturing different sort of info. How ever i run a MITM attack on both of the extra xp machines that i have set up in my lab. One is a laptop and the other one a really old desktop, no matter what type of filter i run the lag is tremendous on both sides of the connection, receiving the info and accessing any web site is really really slow, has anyone come across a way to solve this. thank you for your time and patience.

Just burned his ISO

I've read through the thread and didn't see my specific problem address, perhaps you can help to point me in the right direction....

I have my attacking machine on my network, and my victim machine (winXP) on the network as well. I did an ipconfig on my victim to learn its IP, 192.168.2.11

so I uncommented the etter.conf and enabled ip_forwarding as mentioned in this thread...

then opened ettercap (gui version) and selected unifited sniffing, scanned for hosts, added my victim machine and my router to targets, choose MITM attack, and started sniffing.

If I opened up the 'profiles' tab I could see everywhere I navigated my victim machine, but everytime it had a different IP address.

when I ran chk_poison there was no ARP poisoning going on.

can anyone help point me in the right direction so I can find my mistake?

Thanks a lot

The only thing I can see that you could be doing better is; not using the GUI. I never successfully got the GUI to work, only the command line. Once you've set it up as in all the previous steps, I would use the following command (I assume your network is in the 192.168.2.1-20 range, and type everything after the #):
    bt ~ # sudo ettercap -Tq -M arp:remote /192.168.2.1-20/ -P autoadd
    Let us know if that helps.

-Stephen

Just burned his ISO

awesome that did the trick

thanks a ton for your help!

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast