Thread: Ideas for compromising Server 2003 network; already know some passwords

Just burned his ISO

Default Ideas for compromising Server 2003 network; already know some passwords

Hi. I'm looking for some ideas from knowledgeable people.

First, an introduction. The network I'm dealing with has these features:

• Windows Server 2003
    • a public facing IIS-6.0 server (run by the Windows Server) with ports 80, 443, and 22 open
    • --port 80 redirects to port 443, and the only thing that I can tell is on port 443 is Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access (OWA)
    • Around 200 machines running Windows XP that connect to the 2003 server
    • all of the client machines have the same LOCAL admin password, which I have compromised
    • each domain user has access to certain shares on the server
    • --I have compromised the passwords of various users whose shares I would like to access, however I can not crack the domain admin password

So basically my goal is to be able to regularly access the shares of certain domain users. The problem is that I cannot physically access a PC to log in without being seen (because other users are always working at neighboring PCs).

So do you guys have any ideas?

Perhaps I could set up some sort of remote access software on one of the XP machines using a local admin password? Though then it would have to be able to be seen through the restricted firewall...
    Perhaps something could be done using the open port 22? I don't know much about SSH.
    Perhaps OWA is vulnerble? Or IIS-6.0?

Thanks!

Default Re: Ideas for compromising Server 2003 network; already know some passwords

Can you explain more about your relationship to the company that operates this network?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Ideas for compromising Server 2003 network; already know some passwords

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Can you explain more about your relationship to the company that operates this network?
    I think he's just an unpriveleged copyguy there compromising passwords through shoulder-surfing. Probably trying to make money by selling sensitive data to the company's competition...

I hope he clears his relationship otherwise he could be banned here...

I hope I could be first to report him...

I don't think he'll be back again... sad...
    Last edited by phangs; 05-24-2010 at 07:19 PM.

At this point Im not expecting a reply.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.