*disclaimer*
This being my first post and a potential FAQ, I hope to avoid ridicule for this.

That being said.

Hello all,
My goal is to dual boot OS X and BT4

Why not just use the LiveDVD/VMWare/etc?
Well because I don't want to.
Virtualization would be a good option if I had a dedicated desktop machine but being that this laptop is my only computer I would prefer to be able to boot one OS at a time. (i'm sure i don't need to explain why, the advantages should be obvious)

I'm stuck at the bootloader stage, I have BT4 manually installed, I just can't boot it.

My partition table is

/dev/sda2-OSX
/dev/sda3-Backtrack4

That's it, I deleted the EFI partition in hopes of creating a boot partition in its place however I have been unsuccessful.

From research online it appears my options(for running BT4) are as follows:
LiveDVD
Install GRUB2/or equivalent bootloader
BootloaderCD (I've seen small bits of info suggesting maybe I could have a disc that I boot from which can in turn recognize and boot BT4.)

I'm hoping someone will be able to shed light into this situation as it appears every install is unique in certain ways etc.

My ultimate goal is to have a bootable HD install of BT4, even if it requires me to have a disk inserted first to boot. I've had a bootable install of Ubuntu before but couldn't tell you the steps I took to get there.

Thanks for your time.