Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Hello All
    i have an Eeepc 901 with backtrack 4 installed on the hard drive.
    its brilliant except for one thing
    many of the tools with a gui will be part off the screen and resizing the window does not help!
    does anyone know how to set my screen size to the correct parameters so i dont have this problem?
    current resolution is 1024xc600
    when i installed bt4 onto the hdd i had to use the tab key to select the forward option!
    cheers
    yoma

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Quote Originally Posted by yoma819 View Post
    Hello All
    i have an Eeepc 901 with backtrack 4 installed on the hard drive.
    its brilliant except for one thing
    many of the tools with a gui will be part off the screen and resizing the window does not help!
    does anyone know how to set my screen size to the correct parameters so i dont have this problem?
    current resolution is 1024xc600
    when i installed bt4 onto the hdd i had to use the tab key to select the forward option!
    cheers
    yoma
    I have the same problem on an Eeepc 1005PE, so I'd be interested in the same answer. My current workaround is to use BT4 in a VMWare window. This allows me to "Stretch Guest" and get more usable monitor space, but it's still not quite full screen.

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    hi
    i had the same problem with my ecafe 900, because many applications use do not support 1024x600 the best to do is put you resolution in 800x600
    that worked for me

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Quote Originally Posted by eprom View Post
    hi
    i had the same problem with my ecafe 900, because many applications use do not support 1024x600 the best to do is put you resolution in 800x600
    that worked for me
    ah yes but would that not make all windows huge and an even bigger problem?

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Quote Originally Posted by yoma819 View Post
    Hello All
    does anyone know how to set my screen size to the correct parameters so i dont have this problem?
    current resolution is 1024xc600
    i'm sorry, i have never used an "eeepc 901", but is that the maximum screen resolution u can set with? if not, why don't u try a higher screen resolution. use xrandr command to check the available or possible resolutions.

    to set to a new screen resolution, xrandr -s 1280x800

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    me to having this problem... i hv a samsung N220 netbook with a display of 10"1 Led ( 1024 x 600 )
    when i run backtrack 4 final... it show " undefine video mode 317"
    when i run "startx" it show " no screen found"

    Can somebody help me to update the display driver to 1024 x 600 ???

    best regards
    ktgoh

  7. #7
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Quote Originally Posted by eprom View Post
    hi
    i had the same problem with my ecafe 900, because many applications use do not support 1024x600 the best to do is put you resolution in 800x600
    that worked for me
    The problem is a lot of the programs are programmed for at least a 1024X768 screen. Some will resize, others won't. I know shaman had to recode his first spoon apps for the eeePc 701's small screen resolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by ktgohdt125 View Post
    me to having this problem... i hv a samsung N220 netbook with a display of 10"1 Led ( 1024 x 600 )
    when i run backtrack 4 final... it show " undefine video mode 317"
    when i run "startx" it show " no screen found"

    Can somebody help me to update the display driver to 1024 x 600 ???

    best regards
    ktgoh
    Google your laptop's model number with Ubuntu and Xorg. That should point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-22-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Google-Fu 101 class.

  8. #8
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: screen size/resolution problem on an eeepc 901

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The problem is a lot of the programs are programmed for at least a 1024X768 screen. Some will resize, others won't. I know shaman had to recode his first spoon apps for the eeePc 701's small screen resolution.


    Google your laptop's model number with Ubuntu and Xorg. That should point you in the right direction.
    thanks, will try it out...

Similar Threads

  1. Screen resolution problem, Intel integrated graphics
    By Big Boss in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
  2. Screen resolution problem.
    By keenanh in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 10:11 PM
  3. i have a problem with the resolution (black screen)
    By papichulo in forum OLD BackTrack 4 (pre) Final
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
  4. Problem: Backtrack 4 Beta - Screen Resolution
    By Warzone in forum OLD Newbie Area
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:12 PM
  5. Problem Getting Screen Resolution... HDTV
    By l0stuser in forum OLD Newbie Area
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 03:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •