Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Script] [Video] FakeAP_pwn (v0.2.1)

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: [Script] [Video] FakeAP_pwn (v0.2.1)

I have a problem. If I am connected to the network via Ethernet or WLAN, the client who has connected to the FakeAP, the Internet works. Unfortunately does not work if I'm hooked through ppp0 (mobile, 3G, GSM) - it seems to me that ppp0 is not forwarding traffic. I do not know what is the reason. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

tks master of this forum,

after i read and learn from yr sugestion n debate, now i can use the fakeAP_pwn without error message.
    i just stop wicd, apache2 n dhcp3, n everything done successfull.

tks all

Script is running great when eth0 is connected to the net, If I run with No network connection it fails as expected.
    Tried ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.101 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 and this lets client connect but the browser displays "server not Found". Is there way around this?
    Also I have a T Mobile broadband USB stick which I cant get to work with BT if I could get this working it may solve my problem.
    Any ideas please Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by num3r View Post
    I have a problem. If I am connected to the network via Ethernet or WLAN, the client who has connected to the FakeAP, the Internet works. Unfortunately does not work if I'm hooked through ppp0 (mobile, 3G, GSM) - it seems to me that ppp0 is not forwarding traffic. I do not know what is the reason. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry I dont have "mobile, 3G or GSM" to test this out, and Im unsure on how it all works/is different!

Quote Originally Posted by kataibrengsek View Post
    tks master of this forum,

after i read and learn from yr sugestion n debate, now i can use the fakeAP_pwn without error message.
    i just stop wicd, apache2 n dhcp3, n everything done successfull.

tks all
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotface View Post
    Script is running great when eth0 is connected to the net, If I run with No network connection it fails as expected.
    Tried ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.101 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 and this lets client connect but the browser displays "server not Found". Is there way around this?
    Also I have a T Mobile broadband USB stick which I cant get to work with BT if I could get this working it may solve my problem.
    Any ideas please Many Thanks
    Your USB broadband is different to this script. Again Im unable to help you with this.

and if you run it, without a network connection, of course its going to fail!
    the second bit, im unsure what you mean/the problem is.
    is backtrack connected to the network? Can it get on the internet? Is there a DHCP server, or is that why your doing a static IP?
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

I am trying to run the fakAP without a connection to the internet. It's great at home on the test rig. Tried running it at a friends house to show him how easy it was to fake an AP. Without a connection to his internet all I could get was "server not found" and thats why I tried ifconfig eth0 etc.

Well I can see that its not only me who cant get non-transparent mode working

What is it that we are missing that makes iptables not redirect?

Quote Originally Posted by parrotface View Post
    I am trying to run the fakAP without a connection to the internet. It's great at home on the test rig. Tried running it at a friends house to show him how easy it was to fake an AP. Without a connection to his internet all I could get was "server not found" and thats why I tried ifconfig eth0 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker5bb View Post
    Well I can see that its not only me who cant get non-transparent mode working

What is it that we are missing that makes iptables not redirect?
    non-transparent mode = In this version you NEED a internet connection for it to work. All it does, instead of giving them internet accesses after infecting - it doesn't!
    and like I said *somewhere - either here or on the blog*, non-transparent, I haven't tested - I only coded it. and it needs more work.
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Just burned his ISO

Unfortunately, I could not solve the problem of lack of connection to the network by a goal, when my network interface is ppp0. Maybe someone has any idea? The following gives the parameters of ppp0 ifconfig.

Link encap: Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PtP: 10.64.64.64 Mask: 255.255.255.255
    Pointopoint NOARP UP RUNNING MULTICAST MTU: 1500 Metric: 1
    RX packets: 19671 errors: 0 dropped: 0 overruns: 0 frame: 0
    TX packets: 15391 errors: 0 dropped: 0 overruns: carrier 0: 0
    Collisions: 0 txqueuelen: 3

non transparent mode problems, I realised you have not tested the code but still a good script .
    I finaly got my mobile broad band working and tried ppp0 as the internet connection. No luck there.
    gone back to eth0. Set up eth0 using ifconfig then had probles with the route gw.
    Hard coded gatewayIP and this stoped the errors but the browser still shows "server not found"
    any ideas please as tempfix?
    thanks

Script working great as long as there is a network connection on eth0.
    If I remove the connector from eth0 and then run script the client still can connect to the AP but the browser say "server not found "
    client gets IP address 10.0.0.100 default GW 10.0.0.1.
    Routing on AP script looks OK ie gateway 10.0.0.1
    ifconfig eth0 looks good (ip add 192.168.1.11- Bcast 192.168.1.255 - Mask 255.255.255.0)
    script transparent=true so nothing is changed in the script prior to "Waiting for target to connect"
    Any ideas please as I have spent many hours head scatching.
    many thanks

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast