Thread: Ressurecting the old CSR sniffing project.

Hybrid View

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Default Ressurecting the old CSR sniffing project.

Hey all,

I was thinking of resurrecting the old CSR sniffing project. I've been in contact with Andrea and he seems interested and said he would try and gather some of the old faces and see if anyone is interested in getting this up and running again.

I have all the necessary tools and other bits and bobs to revive this too, so if you are interested please PM me here and I will PM back with my email addy and we can talk more about getting the tools across to whoever is interested and get the ball rolling.

So if anyone has any previous experience in the xap2 EM250 processor or would like to get stuck in PM me please.

Cheers.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Ressurecting the old CSR sniffing project.

So who else is interested? Is it specifically the EM250 we're interested in? I've found that PoundWorld sells (slightly broken) BC4s, so will be stocking up at the weekend.

Is there a good place to discuss this? Does anyone use IRC?

(reposting as my comment from 14th didn't show up)

Hey Mark,

We're not necessarily interested in just the EM250 but to my knowledge the EM250 is the BC4 chip ? Plus I have the IDE for that chip so was going to base my work around it.

Don't think anyone else is interested LMAO I was getting worried no one was going to reply I've got your email so I will reply after the weekend, I'm a bit busy at the mo. A couple of friends have resurrected our old band and we've got a gig on sunday so gota dust off my guitar and get practicing

We can discuss all of this via email at the mo since there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest at the mo. I do use IRC sometimes but haven't done for a while.

Yeeey something new to get my teeth stuck into !!! Look forward to talking to you after the weekend.

I think the biggest stumbling block is the cost to get a proper setup. From what I remember from the old forums it's not cheap for the correct firmware.

It is when you writing your own Barry You want to help out ?

Just burned his ISO

Looks like a good week for resurrections.

The EM250 architecture is practically identical to the Bluecore (and the block diagram is lot more accurate than the Bluecore literature). It lacks the USB controller, so we'd need to use the UART or debugger interface to control it. However, I'm at the stage where I'm considering doing that with the Bluecore as well.

You mentioned the IDE - is it freely available, or do you have a personal copy? It should be trivial to get it to work with either chipset.

Barry: on the Bluecore, we can use HCI extensions to get our own code running from RAM. One of my current goals is to build a proper toolchain for it. I think this is easily achievable with a few hands.