Thread: What do these errors mean?

Just burned his ISO

Default What do these errors mean?

Recently - when I open up my meta-exploit on BT, and I create a - anything really- and i send it to the victim, using my brothers old computer, nothing happens on my BT screen.

Ex: I send a fake website link - I open the file - on my Konsole i type in exploit, to start the exploit - and this is what I'm given :
    Code:
    msf exploit(handler) > exploit

[-] Handler failed to bind to 20.20.20.103:4444
    [-] Handler failed to bind to 0.0.0.0:4444
    [-] Exploit failed: The address is already in use (0.0.0.0:4444).[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
    Does it have something to do with my internet? Or my router? Or is a port or something just not working. I don't think its my attack?
    *My brothers old laptop(the victim) is connected to the same wifi connection as the attacking machine(my laptop).

Default Re: What do these errors mean?

Wow someone needs to take some internetworking and metasploit 101 kind of classes.

LPORT is set to 4444, you already have something listening on 4444 (likely you tried another exploit which used 4444 and is still listening for a connection). Just set LPORT to something other than 4444.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Cool

Lol :P I'm learning man - I'm learning! I got it now, thanks

Erm - Nvm. Nope - it still doesn't work - no matter what Port number I put in! No-offense - but I do know some basics, maybe not all - but I'm learnin'.

Nope - Didn't work... No matter what port I put in.

*PS - Why do the "mods" always have to approve a reply - very annoying sometimes...
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 05-14-2010 at 07:00 PM.

What was your LHOST value?

PS - Why do the "mods" always have to approve a reply - very annoying sometimes...
    This was covered in the information you encountered when you registered, it is also covered by a number of sticky posts in the forums.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Do a netstat to see if the port is indeed free or listening.
    Code:
    netstat -na
    You can narrow it down with a grep.

Just burned his ISO

[QUOTE=
    *My brothers old laptop(the victim) is connected to the same wifi connection as the attacking machine(my laptop).[/QUOTE]

if your "brothers(victim)" laptop is in the same wifi connection, it should also have an ip address like this eh? 20.20.20.xxx, just like the local host (your ip: 20.20.20.103)

i have a question for you, why isn't your local network ip range like 192.168.x.x??? and how come you have the same ip address as Computer Sciences Corporation, Falls Church, USA? i'm a bit confused, because even if your intention was to attack a system other than your "brothers'", why would you need to set LHOST with a public IP address since you have mentioned that both systems are in the same wifi network??