Thread: Theotrical Utorrent "hack"

Default Theotrical Utorrent "hack"

After messing around with Evilgrade, I was wondering,
    Would it be possible to do the same thing with utorrent, and/or any torrent kind of program?
    For example, the user would be running utorrent and downloading a file. Then, the DNS/ARP spoofing would kick in, forcing the user to complete the download from the local server which would then give them, (in place of the file) a back-door/command shell spawning program?

also, for those having trouble with dns spoofing in combination with evilgrade, when you edit the dns_spoof plugin, use the wildcard, to spoof ALL dns queries. worked well for me.

example,
    * A (your ip address)

Default Re: Theotrical Utorrent "hack"

You'd have to be able to insert your code (application) at a very specific location in the data stream in order to not corrupt the file(s) and actually have it execute or you'd have to be able to intercept/replace the initial request(s). I'm pretty sure the majority of clients do some sort of integrity checking (i.e.: initial checksum from sources and checksum on completed transfer etc) so inserting data or altering the file might be impossible (unless you could also intercept/replace the info for such a check).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.