Thread: GRUB problem when deleting one backtrack failed installation partition

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question GRUB problem when deleting one backtrack failed installation partition

Hi all!

I have Windows 7 and via Wubi I installed Ubuntu on my netbook (Acer Aspire One).

Then, I wanted to install Backtrack4 to use it from the hardrive. I tried to install Backtrack 2 times, and the second time the installation was OK... but the first installation was interrupted, so I got one partition with no backtrack working on it.

I tried to erase the partition with gpart and my troubles began. Grub errors. I used Super Grub Disk and I finally made Windows and Ubuntu work OK (vía wubi-windows bootloader)... but I can't get into Backtrack.

Is there any posibility to make the Windows Bootloader to start Backtrack?, I have tried with EasyBCD but I could't find how.

Thanks!!

Jano

Default Re: GRUB problem when deleting one backtrack failed installation partition

The Windows boot loader wont load BackTrack, you need to install Grub or similar.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.