Thread: METASPLIT -- can i attack win7 ? work only on local network?

Just burned his ISO

Default METASPLIT -- can i attack win7 ? work only on local network?

Hi all!
    I installed the Metasploit, and I managed to get into my computer via LAN, on that computer I have installed XP SP2, without problem! Attack was successful
    The IT room (where I work) has 20 computers, on about 15 is installed Win7, on the other 5 is XP installed. All 20 computers are in network, and have internet access. I want to protect them as much as possible, so I have two questions!

1. Is it possible to attack the computer if Win 7 is installed on it, as can be on XP and if so, how to do this?

2. Is it possible to attack computers via the internet, for example, finds its IP via MSN, or otherwise, and through the IP submit an exploit?

Is there somewhere a large video tutorial for Metasploit, because I have more questions and i dont wonna be boring

Default Re: METASPLIT -- can i attack win7 ? work only on local network?

1. In short, yes. You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

2. Yes.

A large tutorial for Metasploit.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attacking the computers where you work does not protect them.

If you want to protect them then start reading and following some hardening guides.

1. Is it possible to attack the computer if Win 7 is installed on it, as can be on XP and if so, how to do this?
    Yes. Let me google that for you

2. Is it possible to attack computers via the internet, for example, finds its IP via MSN, or otherwise, and through the IP submit an exploit?
    Yes.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by btbeginer View Post
    Hi all!
    I installed the Metasploit, and I managed to get into my computer via LAN, on that computer I have installed XP SP2, without problem! Attack was successful
    The IT room (where I work) has 20 computers, on about 15 is installed Win7, on the other 5 is XP installed. All 20 computers are in network, and have internet access. I want to protect them as much as possible, so I have two questions!

Is there somewhere a large video tutorial for Metasploit, because I have more questions and i dont wonna be boring
    If you want to protect your computers at work, then you should be concentrating on ways of preventing someone from running metasploit on your local LAN, and hardening your perimeter defenses.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you want to protect your computers at work, then you should be concentrating on ways of preventing someone from running metasploit on your local LAN, and hardening your perimeter defenses.
    Because of this, I am start to learning Metasploit, network scanners, because anyone who uses a computer, it can restart and boot from USB or CD-backtrack or similar windows live (at least I would have done so) ... My thinking is, who knows how to destroy, he knows best how to protect it from destruction!

@roybatty
    Thanks for tutorial!

@thorin
    Thanks for googling for me

Quote Originally Posted by btbeginer View Post
    Because of this, I am start to learning Metasploit, network scanners, because anyone who uses a computer, it can restart and boot from USB or CD-backtrack or similar windows live (at least I would have done so) ... My thinking is, who knows how to destroy, he knows best how to protect it from destruction!
    Hmmmm then perhaps booting from alternate media is something you should prevent
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

First of all thorin is right, you can prevent alternate media from booting.
    The second thing with Metasploit, yes it is possible to attack a win7 computer but I really don't get what you are trying to do, I mean you can just google that stuff without testing metasploit or any other attack.
    Yes it is possible to attack with Metasploit over the internet only it's a hole new level, it's harder than hacking your LAN.

My advice would be to google, there are a lot of books and stuff who can tell you how to secure you're PC's.