Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NEW SCRIPT Capturing Passwords With sslstrip AIRSSL.sh

Default Re: NEW SCRIPT Capturing Passwords With sslstrip AIRSSL.sh

e1a6bc4cc4eecf4c3f5eb768a745d914
    Last edited by TheFlyingDutchMan; 02-22-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Hi all Sorry havent been in in a little while to check on my baby ill answer some stuff quickly,

Quote Originally Posted by Crazysprinkler View Post
    Quick question. I have been trying this script over the weekend and wondered if anyone has any luck with the following scenario. I have my laptop with wlan0 and wlan1 each work in monitor mode/ injection mode. wlan1 is a alfa card wlan0 is the internal wireless intel wireless n 1000. But what happens when I run the script is I use my windows computer to test to see if it is capturing information and I cant see the network I am broadcasting from wlan1 and I can not longer access the network I am connected to on wlan0 although I can still browse from the machine running the script. Am I too hopeful that this can all be done wirelessly? Or does anyone see any inherent failures in my description here. The script appears to start and run correctly just no networks. Are you supposed to shut down the other wireless and just use the ethernet?
    Sorry I am having a little trouble understanding your post, this script can use 2 WNIC`s a wired connection is not needed (but can ofcoarse be used).
    One WNIC ie (wlan0) would connect to your network as per usual, and the other ie (wlan1) would be used to broadcast your fake AP on (all this happens inside BT).Generally ANOTHER computer would then connect to your fakeAP, that you either, A: Choose a name for, or B: Used the A switch to respond to all probes, this mode does require that the victim has saved networks, PERHAPS this is your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by daneeeh View Post
    Let me say I'm quite impressed with this little one. Here's my experience with it:
    Running Macosx 10.6.6 on 13" Aluminium Unibody Macbook with the following config:
    VM software: VirtualBox 4.0.4
    BT: BT 4 Final
    Internal Airport Wireless: Used for internet access to my home's AP
    External USB Encore Wireless Dongle: FakeAP
    In order to make it work I had to make some minor changes to what I thought would be a straightforward thing.
    1) On the VM, instead of setting the interface as NAT, had to set it as Bridged so it directly connected with my network.
    2) Had to pass control of the USB Wireless Dongle to the VM(obviously)
    3) If I started the script after starting interfaces (/etc/init.d/networking start) this happened:

Code:
    PID     Name
    5024    dhclient3
    5130    dhclient3
    Process with PID 5130 (dhclient3) is running on interface wlan0
    And DHCP wouldn't work for victims.
    So in order to get it working, had to issue "killall dhclient3" prior to starting the script.

After this, it worked pretty good, the only problem is that I found it slow and unstable, I'm not sure if I should blame this cheap USB card or the script

What I still don't find how to fix is after I stop the script by pressing "y" when I want to rerun it it simply won't work. I guess all the housekeeping is not done there, any thoughts?

Once again I'd like to thank killadaninja for this nifty script.
    Thanks bud, when using BT for auditing/testing, inside a vm, you would generally want to always bridge your adapters, unless ofcoarse your doing something very specific requires you not to.
    Most tools scripts etc, would even require THIS. For example, a remote shell, let`s say using metasploit, is not going to route through a NAT as it has no instruction on where to go afterwards, HOSTS of VM`s can be set to forward layer 3 through a NAT much like your router does, but is a pain in the a** and not needed, as we have bridged networking.

As for slow networking (especially inside a vm) it could be a MULTITUDE of problems, cards, drivers, MTU values, routing rules, blah blah blah etc. I can say that ,"I", using an awus036h I get great speeds. As for your last problem with the clean up causing the script to stop working untill reset, where exactly does the problem arise?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingDutchMan View Post
    Erm thanks I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by comaX View Post
    Hi all !
    I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but your script inspired me (well, taught me to be more precise) and I made a script of my own, with different means though. It's much simpler and works for local use. I of course gave you credit in the thread that people can find here : http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...utomation.html if they're interested !

Concerning your script I made changes for my own use. For example, why do you use airmon-ng when you could just set your interface to monitor mode ? It worked better for me when using
    Code:
    ifconfig $fakeap_interface down
    iwconfig $fakeap_interface mode monitor
    ifconfig $fakeap_interface up
    I also removed some xwindows that I found to be useless (sslstrip for example).

Anyway, great work, thanks !

(Check your PMs) EDIT : or don't, I couldn't send you one due to your box over load I sent it to your "visitor messages"
    GREAT that you learned something, and this forum is for sharing ofcoarse I have no problem with you posting your links, (that applies to everyone else).
    ComaX I have an update coming real soon , that will show you a little more the power of sh, as basic as it is when you apply some dirty hacks and tricks it`s pretty much capable of doing whatever (as with most other langauages).
    Last edited by killadaninja; 02-24-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Code:
     Originally Posted by TheFlyingDutchMan  
    Code:
    Erm thanks I guess?
    it is md5, but is better if it doesn't get decrypted!

Just burned his ISO

I have problem with osx,
    osx doesnt assign to dhcp. On windows and linux work ok. Where is problem?
    Best regards,

Default AW: NEW SCRIPT Capturing Passwords With sslstrip AIRSSL.sh

i can easily start the script, every looks good, no errors in somewhere BUT in the second i start everything i cant access the internet from the computer running this script, anymore.

i can clearly see the AP in any list on any device BUT i dont get any DHCP to any of the devices. ive read all postings but is there any final thought how to solve this ?

1. client can connect, but no internet connection, also not at the computer running the script
    2. no client gets any dhcp adress

any help ?

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Default Re: AW: NEW SCRIPT Capturing Passwords With sslstrip AIRSSL.sh

Are you sure you havent setup static addresses on your "victim" machine?
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

am not able to use in mac osx...using vmware and i cant seem to bridge the connection...only wireless card i seems to find is my usb card.wlan0...any suggestion,whom are able to run it in mac osx.

Quote Originally Posted by D3moo View Post
    am not able to use in mac osx...using vmware and i cant seem to bridge the connection...only wireless card i seems to find is my usb card.wlan0...any suggestion,whom are able to run it in mac osx.
    Maybe because it was made for Backtrack ?
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Dear, I have problem with dhcp on mac os. I use apples machines as victim (i try on mac book, ipad, iphone) but i cant get ip address from dhcp server. Everything work great on windows as victim. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance.
    Best regards

Just burned his ISO

just tested this on my network and it only captures what my computer does...yesterday i tried with a friend's netbook using the same network and i only got images.
    So, i tried with a friend's network and it worked but no passwords were gotten.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast