Thread: about Dell XPS 1530 using BT4 final and cant get the wireless card device

Just burned his ISO

Default about Dell XPS 1530 using BT4 final and cant get the wireless card device

I found that there's a list for BT3 which device can be supported。
    Dell InspironInspiron 1000
    Runs fine with no extra parameters.
    Inspiron 1100
    Loads in 640*480 can't make any larger on mine
    Sometimes gets the IO 104 error
    "IO error 104". Just run: rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    Belkin f5d7010v7 and Hawking hwc54g didn't detect
    startx command failed due to inconfigurable monitor
    IMPORTANT UPDATE for this model: Load latest BIOS firmware of A32, then set Video memory from 1 to 8 MB in BIOS. X will now run XGA and fill then entire screen. The best Linux distro to run on this Dell Inspiron.
    Inspiron 1150
    Runs fairly well, needs to detect graphics before launching GUI

I have found that just removing the X11 config file allows my 1150 to get past the "IO error 104". Just run: rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf Inspiron 1501
    Inspiron 600m
    Runs fine with no extra parameters
    Inspiron 510m
    Runs fairly well, needs to detect graphics before launching GUI

--> Needs command before launching GUI: xconf Inspiron E1505 / 6400
    Dell 1350 works, not sure about injection.
    Works very slow, about 10000 IV's per hour.
    Inspiron E1705 / 9400
    Runs fine with "slax nopcmcia" command appended due to lack of PCMCIA slot on machine
    Core 2 Duo works like a charm
    Needs NISWrapper for Broadcom BCMWL5.INF
    Inspiron 1300
    Needs command: "bt acpi=off" - otherwise, gets a blackscreen.
    Wifi didnt even work for me ! big problem.
    My B130 loads fine with the above mentioned "bt acpi=off"
    WIFI is Broadcom 43xx will monitor but not inject (unstable power yada yada)
    Inspiron 2200
    Seems to run fine
    Some problems with wifi
    Inspiron 4100
    Seems to run fine
    Even the wifi networking was working
    Does not support the 1600x1200 display in the NV G2Go
    Inspiron 5150
    Seems to run fine
    Inspiron 6000
    no matching wifi drivers? wifi fine from pcmica. ?? Wifi works for me
    X runs at 1024x768 by default, get the ATI drivers to fix
    Intel Graphics works with 1280x800
    Inspiron 8100
    Inspiron 8200
    Inspiron 9100
    Inspiron 9200
    Inspiron 9400
    First tests indicate that it runs fine with no extra parameters. Load 3945 has to be used before the built-in wireless interface can be used (the wireless interface seems to appears as eth1). Note: the wireless interface will only be detected if it's not disabled via the "hardware switch" (Fn+F2). The WiFi indicator light will flash when the wireless interface is enabled (unlike the behaviour under Windows, where it is steadily lit when WiFi is enabled). It may be additionally required to start the interface via ifconfig eth1 up.
    Inspiron XPS Gen 1
    Works with this laptop.
    did not get deAuth to work; injection might not work on (BCM 4320) or deAuth might not work because I'm a NOOB.
    Inspiron XPS Gen 2
    Works perfectly with this laptop.
    No extra parameters needed.
    Inspiron 6400
    Works good with ipw3945 drivers I load BT from USB flash drive and all is O.K.
    does not autodetect wireless interface Inspiron 630m
    Needs command: "bt acpi=off" - otherwise, gets a blackscreen

i got blackscreen also with this command...and i had windows xp boot failure after reboot Inspiron 640m
    Does not run fine
    Small problem with booting I mean not detecting bluetooth device (Dell TrueMobile 355 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR module)
    Monitoring mode all right but no packet injection is possible
    LatitudeLatitude CPI xx
    CPI A400XT works fine with boot option : bt irqpoll
    Latitude C600
    Seems to work perfectly with no extra parameters or configuration, never had any problems with any Linux Distro but i have never tried to use the infrared, serial, com or dock ports.
    I have been having trouble getting it to boot; I get a freeze at the "starting USB support..." line. I am re-burning the iso as a test. Will update. Edit: Yay it works with "bt irqpoll"! Also, hard drive install works.
    Latitude D420
    Works perfectly with ipw3945 drivers
    Latitude D505
    Should make use of the "A09" BIOS rev. while running a LINUX environment. Although there actually are other (newly updated) versions alike the "A11" BIOS. Other BIOS versions rather than "A09", that is available at DELL:s homepage for download, seems to be incompatible with the X server-driver further known as "I810".
    --Update--: xconf will test + setup the xorg server to work with i810. I have not tried running x with 1MB shared memory but instead 8MB which works great.
    For those who want to get the built-in modem working:

Do lspci -n| grep 8086:24c6

If you see it listed then you are in luck, the driver you would need is Linuxant HSF modem driver. The usage of the driver is free but limited to 14.4k however if you pay for license you can utilize it fully.
    For those that do not have any details of it returned to them, you will need to download this: http://132.68.73.235/linmodems/packages/scanModem.gz and run it as root.
    Latitude D510
    Boots Live and installs on hard drive perfectly (also dual and multi boot -MacOS, Vista, XP, BT).
    Works good with ipw2200 drivers.
    ONLY Aireplay-ng ["--interactive","--arpreplay","--chopchop"] options work, due to an ipw2200 limitation. Nevertheless Wep and Wpa cracking are posible in little time with those little injection options. See ip2200.
    Latitude D520
    Runs on Centrino Duo with no extra parameters.
    Latitude D531
    Boots Live and installs on hard drive perfectly (also dual boot -XP, BT).
    Does not boot from CD ( stops at Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M )
    Latitude D600
    Doesn't run fine, tested with 2 D600 --> startx fails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BT2 final: startx works fine on my D600
    Work Fine on my Latitude D600 BT2 final boot on USB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D600 Rev.A04: Everything works without modification (including startx, wireless, ethernet).
    Try running xconf before startx and it works beautifully. --got that tip form the login page, also in /etc/issue
    Latitude D610
    Runs fine installed on the hard drive without any extra parameters.
    Latitude D620
    Intel 945GM chipset needs the new xserver-xorg-video-intel driver to run Xorg at higher resolutions.
    Latitude D810
    Latitude D820
    Runs on CORE2 with no extra parameters.
    <A title="HCLaptops:dell d820lspci" href="http://wiki.remote-exploit.org/index.php/HCLaptops:dell_d820lspci">lspci output
    for the version with the nvidia card and wuxga screen, the nvidia binary driver is necessary to get a proper resolution in X
    acpi needs additional scripts for LID Close = LCD Backlight off to work.
    Latitude D830
    (BT3)Boots completely without issue or extra parameters. Latitude L400
    Doesn't run fine with BIOS A09. ACPI doesn't work. Fan doesn't start and laptop overheats. Runs fine with APM using acpi=off.
    ACPI runs fine with BIOS A03. Suspend works using acpi_sleep=s5_bios.
    Freezes during boot on "Starting Usb..."
    Latitude X1

Needs 915resolution to get 1280x768 Latitude C640
    Ralf Falco Leyva,Germany
    Latitude C610
    CD Boot freezes when it reaches "Starting USB support"
    BT2 works flawlessly (so far) on board ETH0 drivers loaded at boot time.
    Sound and gfx perfect.
    USB Bluetooth dongle or memory stick found at boot up.
    Latitude 120L
    Runs fine with bt acpi=off from livecd.
    Latitude 110L
    Ran fine with livecd - installing to HD was nightmare, but got done and works.
    XPSXPS M1210
    Download video drivers from Nvidia for 1280x800
    XPS M1330
    Geforce 8400m GS (Assembly Mod)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400M GS (rev a1)
    0c:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)
    BT3 Final Works Perfectly
    XPS M1530
    Geforce 8600m GT (Assembly Mod)
    BT3 beta Works perfectly, No extra parameters needed. XPS M140
    Works with "bt acpi=off", otherwise screen goes black on loading kernel
    OthersPrecision M65
    WIFI works with ipw3945 drivers
    Xorg looks better with nvidia drivers (1920x1200)
    Vostro 1500
    cd worked fine with no extra parameters
    needs ipw2345 driver
    am working HDD insatll dual boot with vista

As the "red" said,1530 works perfectly in BT3,so i thought it would also works perfectly in BT4 Final.I typed "ln -fs bash /bin/sh" and "ls -al /bin/sh" then i got green "bash" .But when i typed """ifconfig -a" in,i got 2 interfaces : ETH0 and L0 .Neither two of them is my wireless card,my card's driver is Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card (BCM43XX)
    I know there is an other site shows which device can be supported :PCI - Linux Wireless
    but I dont know how to verify that whether my card is supported
    Sorry ,Im new here,but i have done these stuff for almost 48 hours...still cant get answers
    Hope u guys can help me with this problem...Thx!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: about Dell XPS 1530 using BT4 final and cant get the wireless card device

loading hardware derivers...b43-phy0 ERROR:FOUND UNSUPPORTED PHY (Analog 6,Type 5 ,Revision 1)

i get this message from loading OS screen(before typing in “startx”)

then i install “compat-wireless-2.6.34.tar.bz2”,no more this message,but still no device found...

Default Re: about Dell XPS 1530 using BT4 final and cant get the wireless card device

I use BT4 Final on a XPS M1530 and it runs perfectly,wireless card works flawlessly,BT4 Final comes with drivers/patches already installed for the card. (good chance our wireless cards are the same)

Well, you're actually telling us you put all those words together to say you can't have your wifi device working ? Do you even know anything about your "problem" ?

The best way to know if your card is supported or not is by trying using it. To use it, you must have the right drivers to run your device... That's common sense !

Why you people always try to do things you don't know ??? Why do you always skip the basics ? Once again, that's common sense ! You rely on outdated information. If you don't understand what you're doing and how it works, you can't make it work... And you can't determine whether it's your fault or not... So you come here to ask us to solve your problem and we answer your (sorry : stupid) questions one after the other... We waste our time. You waste yours.