Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is support USB WIFI Ralink RT2870 IEEE802.11 B/G/N in BT4 ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Is support USB WIFI Ralink RT2870 IEEE802.11 B/G/N in BT4 ?

I bought cardUSB WIFI Ralink RT2870 IEEE802.11 B/G/N. It is support ?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Is support USB WIFI Ralink RT2870 IEEE802.11 B/G/N in BT4 ?

From my experience it is supported.

I am able in my home lab able to airodump-ng and collect ARP and ACK's. From that i was able to aircrack. I am still learning thou, and do not believe this driver supports injection. But as i said, i'm still learning.

Easiest way to see if it works thou, is to:
    iwconfig start interface
    airodump-ng interface

Hope its some help.

Just burned his ISO

In the old forums, there was a whole thread dedicated to this particular chipset. One person made patched drivers for it. I was trying to find that thread, however, it appears that the old forums have been removed from the face of the Internet. If someone has this information, or knows something about how the new BT release has affected this, please speak up. I want to know too.

Just burned his ISO

I've also got a new Ralink (Level 1) USB wifi adapter. On the first run of backtrack 4, its name was listed in the USB devices list, so it COULD be supported.

Just burned his ISO

I bought Alfa AWUS036NH 2W RT2870 with RL3070 chipset and after 3 days looking for solution i can say:at moment is not supported for packet inection but in windows works fine.Maybe one day when comes out new editon of BC4 or some new adaptive drivers for it.So advice is to buyAWUS036H 1W which work only on g networks and have beter sensitivity reception on them then above named card.

Just burned his ISO

in BT4 R2 RT2870 driver alredy in kernel, but it did not work, with my

Belkin Components F6D4050 N150 Enhanced Wireless Network Adapter v1000

not with kernel driver not with latest Compat Wireless driver.

you check which cards supported here

Wireless Drivers - BackTrack Linux

somebody tested

# Linksys WUSB54GC ver 3 - using the mac80211 rt2800usb drivers -passed

and it passed, but that was G device, no guaranty that same driver will work with N devices.

there is also two RT2870 drivers for Linux: one is developed by Ralink and another by community. In my case Ralink's driver works for connecting to Net and do not with aircrack-ng

Just burned his ISO

I bought the same one a week ago on some 1deal site, it was cheap. I did some searching and it looked like the adapter would work fine and was suppose to be pretty good. However now I realized about the differences betwen the 1w and 2w models. My ubuntu and bt4 can use it out the box for wifi using stock drivers. I tried puttting it in monitor mode and it scans and scans but doesnt pick up anything. Im still messing around with the drivers, if anyone gets this 2w alfa AWUSB036NH working, please post

Quote Originally Posted by nostromoive View Post
    I bought Alfa AWUS036NH 2W RT2870 with RL3070 chipset and after 3 days looking for solution i can say:at moment is not supported for packet inection but in windows works fine.Maybe one day when comes out new editon of BC4 or some new adaptive drivers for it.So advice is to buyAWUS036H 1W which work only on g networks and have beter sensitivity reception on them then above named card.

Just burned his ISO

I have this one

ALFA AWUS036NH

and i'm not experiencing issues.

during my tests i was able to perform clientless wep attacks succesfully.

sometimes tho it happens that even if the aireplay-ng says it's sending packets, the data packets in airodump are not increasing.. and i dunno if it's me doing something wrong, or the card.

btw i don't receive any errors from the tools, so i assume it's my fault or maybe the AP is too far away.

i simply plug the USB into my laptop or desktop computer and the wifi is ready to go, and it also works in virtualbox

EDIT:
    well.. no.. i have some txpower issues.
    looks like the card is going at 7db instead of 20/30

so i've downloaded the compat-drivers from the backtrack wiki, the patch from the aircrack-ng for mac80211 and compiled them

after the module was reloaded the tx power was ok, but airodump-ng wasn't working correctly anymore, the card was fixed at channel -1 (???) and there was no way to change it, sometimes the dumping didn't work (nothing appears) and injection obviously didn't work due to fixed channel problem.

any suggestion?

Just burned his ISO oliverkrystal's Avatar

If you set the card in monitor mode, and then run aireplay-ng -9 mon0 it will tell you if the software thinks that you have injection mode available.
    ------
    * Just trying to help as well as I can with what little I know. If I say something wrong, please tell me!
    * Made a thread and solved a problem? Make sure to say so.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I have this one

ALFA AWUS036NH

and i'm not experiencing issues.

during my tests i was able to perform clientless wep attacks succesfully.

sometimes tho it happens that even if the aireplay-ng says it's sending packets, the data packets in airodump are not increasing.. and i dunno if it's me doing something wrong, or the card.

btw i don't receive any errors from the tools, so i assume it's my fault or maybe the AP is too far away.

i simply plug the USB into my laptop or desktop computer and the wifi is ready to go, and it also works in virtualbox

EDIT:
    well.. no.. i have some txpower issues.
    looks like the card is going at 7db instead of 20/30

so i've downloaded the compat-drivers from the backtrack wiki, the patch from the aircrack-ng for mac80211 and compiled them

after the module was reloaded the tx power was ok, but airodump-ng wasn't working correctly anymore, the card was fixed at channel -1 (???) and there was no way to change it, sometimes the dumping didn't work (nothing appears) and injection obviously didn't work due to fixed channel problem.

any suggestion?
    try to search aircrack for negative one patch

http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.p...&topic=10105.0

hope you can get it working properly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast