Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another techie...

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb yet another techie...

hi everyone,

I'm a new to hacking... I'm into development of embedded systems... I've designed a wireless hand held device to detect wireless networks (Wifi, Wimax, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc) upon request... can this be of any use in wireless hacking... this tool was actually designed for diagnostics, service purposes... nothing sinister... and hoping to make the design open source... are there any H/w hacking tools available in the market...

Also i pursue applied mathematics as a passion, cryptography being my area of interest/expertise. what good can I make out of myself if i learn to use hacking... can i become a serious hacker as seen in the movies... how can i make use of my mathematical skills in hacking...

can i become a security consutant/expert...

Please advice...

Default Re: yet another techie...

Quote Originally Posted by hackergoodboy View Post
    ...what good can I make out of myself if i learn to use hacking... can i become a serious hacker as seen in the movies... ...
    Only if you manage to hack the Gibson.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

If cryptography is your area of expertise, why are you asking if mathematics can be used for hacking?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Only if you manage to hack the Gibson.

Lincoln you are such a funny guy... I need to know if i could become an ethical hacker myself... what should i do... how do i proceed further...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If cryptography is your area of expertise, why are you asking if mathematics can be used for hacking?
    i believe cryptography evolved from Mathematics... also cryptography is the heart of network security... isn't it so... i'd like to know if i could learn hacking so that i could be able to implement my crypt algorithms to secure the network...
    Last edited by lupin; 05-07-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Merging...

.can i become a serious hacker as seen in the movies..
    Which movies do you mean? If you know "the broken" you surely know uber-hacker Ramzi. I think you're on a good way to be one day as leet as he is......

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...use-fully.html

That FAQ entry was created with this type of question in mind.

I hope you realise that pretty much every movie that features hacking (e.g. Live Free or Die hard, Hackers, The Net, Swordfish, etc) are, shall we say, not representative of reality. There are very few exceptions to this. So no, you cant be a hacker like in the movies, because hackers like in the movies dont exist.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Re: yet another techie...

Quote Originally Posted by fancy View Post
    Which movies do you mean? If you know "the broken" you surely know uber-hacker Ramzi. I think you're on a good way to be one day as leet as he is......
    i needed to become a hacker for fun... which can also be profession may be in future...

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Re: yet another techie...

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    hacker like in the movies, because hackers like in the movies dont exist.
    I do agree... but i mentioned that to make my point to become a professional hacker... how should i proceed...

how should i proceed...
    there are a couple of good movies, from which you can learn a lot of things about hackers and to be l33t
    Matrix, Hackers 1-3

go down to the basics!
    learn the rules!
    try harder!

Now this is the right time to share this:

Hacking with Ramzi

or this

More hacking with Ramzi

That's l33t..........
    Last edited by fancy; 05-07-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast